• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November Knock-Out

Can't start off November unless we have fantasy snow!
gfs_asnow_us_40.png

To start the month anyway ...

610temp.new.gif

Lord, let's just hope and pray November ends up on the same dime as it starts with and goes in to December with a similar look (and then holds it through February) ... but, alas, one step at a time, Little Grasshopper ... :confused:

Last edited:
Very excited about November, November usually leads us to hopes and dreams.

To start the month anyway ...

610temp.new.gif

Lord, let's just hope and pray November ends up on the same dime as it starts with and goes in to December with a similar look (and then holds it through February) ... but, alas, one step at a time, Little Grasshopper ... :confused:

Hopes and dreams can turn on a dime you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People say you can't always get the real meaning from just reading what someone has typed via email, posts. etc. But I can certainly tell on this Forum who the "Glass Half Empty" and "Glass Half Full", people are. Some folks just never have anything positive or hopeful to say. Some will say they are just being realistic, but can anyone really be sure about the upcoming Winter? Just sayin'.

you can add... dashed hopes mainly.... i dont remember many snows in the month of november... and i live in tennessee...

Yeah even in the best of years we rarely see more then Fluries until January. Of course the 2010 / 2011 winter was the exception as we started getting decent snows in mid December. That winter was epic as we seemed to get at least 2-3 inch snows every 2 weeks from mid December through most of February.

First half of November looks warmish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can buy that although it may be volatile but warm overall seems reasonable. Looks like a ridge in the North Pacific will begin to retrograde westward as usual thanks to planetary vorticity advection, thus, we should see the trough over the eastern US back westward towards the Rockies and allow the SE US ridge to flex its muscles about 1-2 weeks from now

Time for our 4 weeks way above normal stretch. ;)
4 weeks? Heck, we haven't been legitimately below normal for a considerable period of time in quite a while. If anything this will just be a continuation of the warm stretch that's been ongoing nearly uninterrupted (minus this week) since the end of August

Back