• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November Knock-Out

The 12Z GFS isn't suggesting the warm spell in the SE US would end earlier. Rather, it is suggesting similar timing of the end but that the change would be much colder than all earlier GFS runs were showing. For example, lows at ATL 11/10-11 are in the mid to uipper 30s vs them being high 40s to near 50 on earlier GFS runs. Plus this could be just the start of a trend to colder and colder runs. The NE US and Midwest still get the brunt of the cold on the 12Z. But again, it is much colder than earlier runs even down into the SE US as well as in the Midwest and NE.
Well, right now I'm slapping mosquitoes again so it needs to get on in here, lol. But it's worth it because they turned on the technology in my yard last night. Suddenly everything started blazing over night. Everywhere I look in the yard is some amazing color, and some trees have never been so radiant. It's the vines and the scrubs, the big trees and small trees, even the ornamental grasses have all started shouting really loudly. Never seen it do this.... like turning on a light switch to everything at the same time. It seems binging and purging with water and cold stimulated amazing displays. Drought, then 5 inchs from a hurricane, then bone dry and another 5 inches from a hurricane. Then go from summer to wood stove and back to summer, and bingo bring on the acid, lol. Amazing. T

Last edited:
Sounds like a November Bird Song ... Dry your eyes in the wind ... snow and rain ...

image.jpg

:cool:
Love it! Might be the last chase of the year. Taking the other half on her first chase, so it could get interesting, may have my hands (and ears) full:eek:. May be dodging some anomalously large hailers for this area, that is definitely the biggest concern storm wise, could see a few baseballs, pretty rare up here. We'll see how it plays out. I'm 50/50 atm as the low isn't looking to impressive but the other parameters may make up for it. Get another 10 to 20kt of backing winds and she could really start to blow up (the storm mode that is ;)). We'll see if we can get a few stay discreet, gonna be searching the warm front in the mid to late am. Good thing is most of the crops are in so should be fairly good visibility, chasing in 8ft corn sucks! Hopefully my camera mount will hold up this time and I'll have some stuff to post, along with a potentially panicked woman! lol. The saying goes, in the fall in Indiana you don't chase twisters, they chase you (have not provided that quote to her yet lol). If I had my choice I'd chase right on down to Franklin county NC and never come back!:D

The 18Z NAM (grain of salt taken) went nuts up here. This is a crazy sounding for November, right over the area we're gonna be working.
nam_2017110418_027_39.88--86.55.png

Love it! Might be the last chase of the year. Taking the other half on her first chase, so it could get interesting, may have my hands (and ears) full:eek:. May be dodging some anomalously large hailers for this area, that is definitely the biggest concern storm wise, could see a few baseballs, pretty rare up here. We'll see how it plays out. I'm 50/50 atm as the low isn't looking to impressive but the other parameters may make up for it. Get another 10 to 20kt of backing winds and she could really start to blow up (the storm mode that is ;)). We'll see if we can get a few stay discreet, gonna be searching the warm front in the mid to late am. Good thing is most of the crops are in so should be fairly good visibility, chasing in 8ft corn sucks! Hopefully my camera mount will hold up this time and I'll have some stuff to post, along with a potentially panicked woman! lol. The saying goes, in the fall in Indiana you don't chase twisters, they chase you (have not provided that quote to her yet lol). If I had my choice I'd chase right on down to Franklin county NC and never come back!:D

The 18Z NAM (grain of salt taken) went nuts up here. This is a crazy sounding for November, right over the area we're gonna be working.

Careful, Man!
That triangle area from Anderson to Kokomo to Ft. Wayne is a hot bed ... :(
Better yet, head SW to Brown County (at least you have scenery and valleys to duck into if need be ...)
But on another note, I'd prefer Haywood County, NC, just IMHO ... :cool:

Anyways ... stay safe ... need you here, for winter and next 'Cane season ... ;) (and the music) ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Dallas hit 90 for the 2nd time ever in November yesterday and today should go for three easily

The front Tuesday cannot be soon enough. Perhaps Wednesday will fail to hit 60... maybe lol

Both 00z Gfs and Euro operational takeaways: mostly zonal flow with little kinks in the trough/ridge pattern. No extremes either way for the foreseeable future.

Take it then not going do anybody much good ...upper air pattern supports a se ridge to me ... matter time
Upper air pattern doesn't support snow , but one day it will.... matter of time, and law of averages

6Z gfs much colder run this morning. Almost the same as the other day. I would like to see some more like it but were talking about the gfs here.

Back