• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May-hem

SPC latest disco for day 2... Just something to keep an eye on in if you're in the Carolinas, may have a heightened risk for tornadoes tomorrow afternoon and evening.

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 11.10.29 AM.png

Picture speaks a 1000 words ... :oops:

Screen_Shot_2017-05-23_at_12.02.18_PM.png

Is it me, or did the page suddenly get narrower?

~~~~~~~

It was me - Firefox did something weird!

Light to occasionally moderate rain today. Definitely an under performer, and not in need of current flood watch! Sky is lightening up now and sun trying to poke through! Maybe tomorrow will bring the goods

There goes another tornado watch in SC... Definitely need to keep an eye out tomorrow in the Carolinas the environment could be even more conducive for a few isolated tornadoes than it is today over SC and GA, especially if any inkling of instability materializes....

There goes another tornado watch in SC... Definitely need to keep an eye out tomorrow in the Carolinas the environment could be even more conducive for a few isolated tornadoes than it is today over SC and GA, especially if any inkling of instability materializes....
Thanks for not including N Fl in that!

Thanks for not including N Fl in that!

Yeah, while the instability may be better in Florida, wind damage will probably be the biggest threat down there, the shear will be much better over the Carolinas, especially if this secondary lee side cyclone gets cranking over the western Carolinas.

Yeah, while the instability may be better in Florida, wind damage will probably be the biggest threat down there, the shear will be much better over the Carolinas, especially if this secondary lee side cyclone gets cranking over the western Carolinas.
I'm "liking" for the info, not for what it says! Wind damage ... :mad:

Apparently some significant damage with a tornado in Sampson County in North Carolina, driving along and listening to a news simulcast on on the radio.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Getting an absolute deluge here in a thunderstorm that started a few minutes ago! Yesterday, I only got a little while the airport got a record rainfall for ANY day in May from localized thunderstorms that persisted there (NW of SAV).

As I speak, tornado warning just issued for the area!

Getting an absolute deluge here in a thunderstorm that started a few minutes ago! Yesterday, I only got a little while the airport got a record rainfall for ANY day in May from localized thunderstorms that persisted there (NW of SAV).

As I speak, tornado warning just issued for the area!
Like for rain; hate the 'Nado ... :eek:

Back