• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Flowers

.42 so far today and this is interesting
08575e9d449806e71b66d60acff4dd7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think all the rain we were supposed to get this week decided to wait and just come all at once today. At least I got the yard mowed this morning before it started. I am over it already. This is the time of year to enjoy doing things outside. But it is supposed to rain here every day for another week. I know we need rain sometimes, but once a week is enough. This is going to get old fast.

I think all the rain we were supposed to get this week decided to wait and just come all at once today. At least I got the yard mowed this morning before it started. I am over it already. This is the time of year to enjoy doing things outside. But it is supposed to rain here every day for another week. I know we need rain sometimes, but once a week is enough. This is going to get old fast.
This week won't be as dreary and wet last but rain chances are still high. Maybe we get a backdoor front late Thursday that keeps Friday into Saturday nice. Regardless of what forms in the gulf we reestablish a high moisture content southerly flow by late Saturday into Sunday of next week so Sunday into memorial day may be a wash out. We probably see a legitimate front move through mid week next week and get an airmass change to drier and cooler as the ridge builds in the rockies and we get into a nw flow aloft.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

N Ga looks to be possibly seeing some flooding this afternoon, as heavy thunderstorms look to be fairly stationary! With DPs of 70+, these storms are very efficient rain producers!

Looks like the rare doughnut hole of goodness, is closing in on me today! Storms in N.C. and NeGa, are finally falling SE off of the mountains,, and some CAE convection is drifting NW and hopefully, there will be some convergence over my backyard! :cool:

4F7FFFA1-23DC-43BD-93CC-B2D58D6D403C.png Looks like we may get a shower!?:eek:

Ok, I've got to ask because I'm getting so freaked out. I know it's the kiss of death, but what if it's something way worse. I don't have mosquitoes yet this year. I could run around in my birthday suit, on my birthday, and just stand around feeling free, and I wouldn't get bitten. I have not had one verifiable bite from a mosquito this year. I've had one maybe, but if you've grown up in the south you know a mosquito bite when you get one....so this instance is very low reliability. I thought I swatted one a while back but I can't be sure....see the previous sentence. Now, for those that don't remember, my acreage was the tundra, when the swarms are feeding on the caribou, two summers ago. I had clouds of them...you couldn't see to walk across the yard swarms..swarms to carry off a squirrel. I have never ever seen that phenomena, and I've been some places and seen some things. This was way past abnormal... I was ready to get some ddt, but I got a fogger instead, and I fogged those suckers, and they just swam in the smoke, and showed their little mosquito asses. Last year was only half that bad, but that's still way beyond normal. Then this year nothing. Nada. Zero. No mosquito! This is nearly the end of May....I've had many winter thaws where I was slapping mosquitoes. This ain't right!!! Did my fog laugh back and lie dormant until now?
I'm reaching conclusions that I don't want to reach, but I think they know something. Last year people north of here were commenting on the really bad mozzies. And this year a friend in NJ reports never seen before levels of mosquito infestation. If this is some kind of binge and purge mosquito insanity, I've never had it reported in my family and they were here in 1920. But then the herds of wildebeest run back and forth across the river full of crocs, so who knows what kind of crazy dooms day warning this is/isn't. Is it just more species specific madness? Is the long awaited pole flip upon us? Is it Haarp. Alien tech? Am I developing powers?

I'm watching my volcano cams. What if the mozzies have gone with the bees??? Are the whales leaving? Anyone know?

Ok, I've got to ask because I'm getting so freaked out. I know it's the kiss of death, but what if it's something way worse. I don't have mosquitoes yet this year. I could run around in my birthday suit, on my birthday, and just stand around feeling free, and I wouldn't get bitten. I have not had one verifiable bite from a mosquito this year. I've had one maybe, but if you've grown up in the south you know a mosquito bite when you get one....so this instance is very low reliability. I thought I swatted one a while back but I can't be sure....see the previous sentence. Now, for those that don't remember, my acreage was the tundra, when the swarms are feeding on the caribou, two summers ago. I had clouds of them...you couldn't see to walk across the yard swarms..swarms to carry off a squirrel. I have never ever seen that phenomena, and I've been some places and seen some things. This was way past abnormal... I was ready to get some ddt, but I got a fogger instead, and I fogged those suckers, and they just swam in the smoke, and showed their little mosquito asses. Last year was only half that bad, but that's still way beyond normal. Then this year nothing. Nada. Zero. No mosquito! This is nearly the end of May....I've had many winter thaws where I was slapping mosquitoes. This ain't right!!! Did my fog laugh back and lie dormant until now?
I'm reaching conclusions that I don't want to reach, but I think they know something. Last year people north of here were commenting on the really bad mozzies. And this year a friend in NJ reports never seen before levels of mosquito infestation. If this is some kind of binge and purge mosquito insanity, I've never had it reported in my family and they were here in 1920. But then the herds of wildebeest run back and forth across the river full of crocs, so who knows what kind of crazy dooms day warning this is/isn't. Is it just more species specific madness? Is the long awaited pole flip upon us? Is it Haarp. Alien tech? Am I developing powers?

I'm watching my volcano cams. What if the mozzies have gone with the bees??? Are the whales leaving? Anyone know?
Tony,
In a word, we're in for a nice summer for a change. Maybe ... LOL
Best!
Phil

Last edited:

I have to ask because you are one of the most entertaining posters on these boards. Do you write for a living? BTW, I have seen only a few skeeters here so far but I think up until last week, we had zip water for them to breed in or for dormant eggs or however their sick life cycle works to process in.

I honestly don't mind this kind of weather at all. I'll trade it being very humid for lower temps. Plus, if I time it right, I get to walk outside after thunderstorms, which for me feels much better, especially if it's still cloudy after them.

And lol, Shetley...the entire rain story last week was tropic influenced... No it wasn't a named storm, but it was from a tropical system that dumped on Florida last weekend while I was in SW FL and then joined up with another system. I like those better than actually having NAMED storms...

Back