• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
030119_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

I just don't see how the "earliest reasonable time" for tropical storm force winds in southern NC is 8pm Sun when the storm is forecast to be in South FL at that time.
Irma will have a wide wind field. Tropical force winds will increase from south to north as Irma makes it's way to the north. So, the chance of tropical force winds will be under 50% but increasing as time goes on. Hurricane force winds will be along the FL coast up to the South Carolina coast. Some weak hurricane force winds are possible inland.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Wow it's not even forecast to be a major near Savannah. I guess it's possible that Irma never makes landfall as a major. It could have just enough interaction with FL to weaken it significantly yet not make landfall until it gets to GA or SC.

Irma doesn't look so healthy.

Edit: Well, at least not as healthy as it has been
Irma is still a powerful hurricane and is expected to remain a powerful hurricane when the time comes of making landfall. Irma has a confined eye, it still has strong circulation.

Irma doesn't look so healthy.
Irma is still a powerful hurricane and is expected to remain a powerful hurricane when the time comes of making landfall. Irma has a confined eye, it still has strong circulation.

Oh yeah no this thing is obviously still a monster and I wouldn't expect it to be anything less than that at the current time. Just noticed slightly warming cloud tops.

There's a ENE wobble at hr 96, it may wobble ENE at times, getting ready to pull WNW or NW into GA/SC.

yup that slower moving trof over NE is def. helping this cut further east.

I guess the GFS likes being the eastern outlier

If the UKMET/Euro hold serve I'm going with them lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back