• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

We're actually two different people.... Lol
Looking like the 12z crowd so far wants to bring it inland before stalling out now..... good grief

So far on the 12 models, they are pushing Florence further nw before stalling, which has major implications for the inland track

GFS at 60 is a decent bit west and inland from the 6z at 66.

553702b3c07dd90d1e3e9a301581e53196dddc2e45d54dec3e9cba45f4140ff6.png
There's your ridge

So far the trend I've noticed on the 12z runs is a slightly faster motion for longer that gets Florence closer to the coast or just inland before the stall/drift occurs.

Broken record comment: I hope y'all got generators, water, etc.... prolonged TS/H force winds well inland spells prolonged power outages. And that is not fun

Looking like the 12z crowd so far wants to bring it inland before stalling out now..... good grief
Wouldn't this be better overall though? It would weaken the storm quicker than if it was stalled out over the water.

Anyone else think the wind field is going to explode in size at landfall to a size just smaller than Irma's? I'm thinking that because this storm keeps growing and it has a massive upper level wind field that has to go somewhere when it weakens.

92f729e2-4a6d-4187-96b0-d84bd577262c
From Hour 78 to 84 eyes moving SW it actually goes from Pressure drops from 988 to 966 so it's most likely holding strength

Back