• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Magnificent March

Love me some March always a chance to chase severe weather and winter weather possibliities at same time

Any bloom that’s out there tonight will be dead or severely damaged in the morning here in the upstate. We go below freezing at 1am, bottom out at 28, and don’t get above freezing again until after 8am
Same here. Everything is in full bloom and I went below freezing around 6 pm tonight. I'm at 27 degrees already at 9:20 pm.

If the blueberries finished out back, they're definitely in trouble again down here because of last night and tonight. Not sure they did though as while all of February was warm, last year almost the entire winter was warm in comparison.

Honestly it's very aggravating. I really hope at the very least we get a normal February in 2019. After you've been warm for weeks and sudden change back to mostly being cool to cold, you're not used to it, it can cause headaches, and if you hard freeze it can mean your fruit crops are toast. I hope the quota of bad Februarys after what happened in 2015 (not for everyone, but the amount of winter storms) is up and we at LEAST have an average February.

Same here. Everything is in full bloom and I went below freezing around 6 pm tonight. I'm at 27 degrees already at 9:20 pm.
That is crazy. Absolutely nothing is blooming here. Shows you where the edge of the SE ridge set up.

That is crazy. Absolutely nothing is blooming here. Shows you where the edge of the SE ridge set up.
only about halfway blooming even here... Most of the big oaks have held off... Smaller trees, shrubs, flowers and grass have started though.

Just checked and I'm at 23 right now and likely to go lower. Wow!

Was below 28 degrees since 2 AM, sitting at 26 now! Going to be a lot of damage to leaves, buds and flowers! :(

6z gfs takes all the snow out of N.C., hammers VA

Back