• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Jukin June

81 with DP of 56 here now? :):):) This poster will definitely be walking this evening even with a bit of a leg ache. I can't not take advantage of this rare June gift! Actually, the walk may help the ache.

81 with DP of 56 here now? :):):) This poster will definitely be walking this evening even with a bit of a leg ache. I can't not take advantage of this rare June gift! Actually, the walk may help the ache.
Go for it, Larry!
You wanna shoulder ache to go with it - got one I'll sell for cheap!
In fact, it's like an old dog - I'll pay to give it away!
JK
Have fun, though a walk in Hogtown at 71º on June 8th @ 7:00 PM is a novelty in and to itself!

This humidity will be the death of me. I just want some dry weather with dp's in the 40s or 50s. Is that too much to ask for ?

Evidently not! Knowing what you've achieved, you, sir, should ask for this more often! Dang!

+5 "Like"s ! :D

I mean the guy JUST asked for 50's DP's just for his area for the first time ever and he not only gets that for himself almost immediately but he also gets it way down here in SE GA! Knowing now how powerful he is, maybe we should try to convince him to ask for snow and just for his area so he doesn't appear to be asking for too much. Could that bring us a repeat of Dec. 1989?? We need to be extra nice to this guy!

I mean the guy JUST asked for 50's DP's just for his area for the first time ever and he not only gets that for himself almost immediately but he also gets it way down here in SE GA! Knowing now how powerful he is, maybe we should try to convince him to ask for snow and just for his area so he doesn't appear to be asking for too much. Could that bring us a repeat of Dec. 1989?? We need to be extra nice to this guy!
I'll take a repeat of Feb 1899, just for kicks and snow down here!
And yes - we need to be nice to all who have the fortitude to join our circle and pipe in! :D It's good MJO (pun intended) ... :p

That was a once in a lifetime system for a number of reasons. It's going to be hard getting a repeat. As for the month as a whole, we may very well have a month like it, but it will probably not come with a repeat of Christmas week 1989. At least we knew beforehand up here well inland that this system was not for us, making the miss a good bit easier to take. I still have not saw a white Christmas where I am. The 2010 Christmas storm was only rain here until close to midnight Dec 26.

I'll take a repeat of Feb 1899, just for kicks and snow down here!
And yes - we need to be nice to all who have the fortitude to join our circle and pipe in! :D It's good MJO (pun intended) ... :p

Hehehe. By the way, didn't Gville get snow in 1989?

Just a thought (and by no means a forecast) -
Maybe the lakes will fill up and maybe the streams will run strong; just maybe. And maybe the temps will stay a bit on the downside; just maybe.

814prcp.new.gif

Good, cause feeling kind of droughty around here!
Speaking of which, the drought overall throughout the entire Southeast has eased more as of today's update.
Current:
20170606_southeast_none.png

Last week:
20170530_southeast_date.png

Just a thought (and by no means a forecast) -
Maybe the lakes will fill up and maybe the streams will run strong; just maybe. And maybe the temps will stay a bit on the downside; just maybe.

814prcp.new.gif
About 6 and a half feet down now here, and if that holds, we should be only 6 feet down by mid month hopefully!

Honestly I wouldn't say its even been abnormally dry here. There was a stretch in which it was but it hasn't been lately (and by lately, I don't mean just this week).

I guess it has been close though and apparently over the next 10-14 days, it will be drier.

Also saw more very hot temps predicted, mainly past truncation. 'Til it gets closer it's not happening in my eyes! :p

My forecast calls for rain 8 days straight starting Sunday. Very wet next week

Officially 52 out at the Halifax Regional Airport this morning (imby I don't know battery died on outside sensor), another stellar morning and currently 77/55.... too bad it's about to come to a screeching halt.

Back