• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Jukin June

Per Allan Huffman this morning:

https://twitter.com/RaleighWx
Screen_Shot_2017-06-11_at_8.22.33_AM.png

Obviously somewhat pending on the evolution of the potential for tropical cyclogenesis in the NW Caribbean, Yucatan Peninsula, and Gulf of Mexico in association with the Central American Monsoon Gyre, the southeastern US looks to be wetter than normal for the next few weeks or so...
eps_tprecip_10a_nc_41.png

Obviously somewhat pending on the evolution of the potential for tropical cyclogenesis in the NW Caribbean, Yucatan Peninsula, and Gulf of Mexico in association with the Central American Monsoon Gyre, the southeastern US looks to be wetter than normal for the next few weeks or so...
View attachment 583

I ain't complaining!

Those poor people in the Midwest though...

I could do without the wet weather for one more weekend. Its still early to say for sure but if it storms when I go to Tennessee next weekend....:mad:

Other than that... Let it pour, let it pour, let it pour. Keep the high heat away. Looks like more normal stuff for June is coming, keep it that way.

If anyone is interested in the tropics, in Wiki under "Tropical Weather" > "Tropical Models" are some great links to discussion and models; my favorites (FWIW) are the FSU models, the Central Florida Hurricane Center, and My Florida Hurricane (site currently inactive and being rebuilt - but stay tuned!), before a storm actually "forms".
Wiki is ready when you are, and is a lot friendlier than an airline, as well! :cool:

Last edited:
You folks in GA want some rain? ...

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_37.thumb.png.801331d2c3fd6.png
I'll take that!! I was thinking if it forms right off of the Yucatan area, and Bermuda ridge is strong as modeled, it would be forced Northward, and this could totally be plausible !

It'd be on a weekday soooooooo......

Let. It. Pour! :)

Any hurricane conditions you may get, I'd hate for your sake though. :(

I'll take that!! I was thinking if it forms right off of the Yucatan area, and Bermuda ridge is strong as modeled, it would be forced Northward, and this could totally be plausible !
so long as no big winds - none of us need that ... ;)

View attachment 583
wetter than normal also means cooler than normal because more of the suns energy will be used evaporating moisture rather than raising temperature. please correct me if that is wrong

Back