• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Jukin June

Officially 52 out at the Halifax Regional Airport this morning (imby I don't know battery died on outside sensor), another stellar morning and currently 77/55.... too bad it's about to come to a screeching halt.
54 here. I might have to back off my prediction of rdu going above 95. Should be a couple of decent mixing days Monday and Tuesday before we really get into the muggies for the rest of the week

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

The 12z Euro still has the trough at days 9 and 10, but it is farther north now with a westerly flow instead of out of the gulf over the southeast. A monster 594 ridge also shows up, but it is centered over the 4 corners. Hopefully we can keep those things out of the southeast for most of the summer.

Today was glorious. I went to a local animal sanctuary with the kiddos and man, it was warm but it was not unbearable like it usually is. I really hope this kind of weather sticks around, I'll actually be able to do some outdoor activities this year.

I'm all for the eastern trough idea with higher rain chances. Let the sW bake under the 594 dm heat ridge
Bake is what they are going to be doing too. The GFS has 115+ temps over the desert and up to 110 well up into CAL. I can't see surface temps on the Euro, but it has 850mb temps from 25c to 35c over much of the southwest at days 9 and 10. 18c to maybe 19c at 850mb is the highest I saw on the Euro for most of us here in the southeast.

I'm all for the eastern trough idea with higher rain chances. Let the sW bake under the 594 dm heat ridge
To the higher rain chances, I say:

200w.gif

Today was glorious. I went to a local animal sanctuary with the kiddos and man, it was warm but it was not unbearable like it usually is. I really hope this kind of weather sticks around, I'll actually be able to do some outdoor activities this year.

Amen. We already did our time in the slammer. The game has changed. Keep the troughs coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need the rain! It's like Death Valley in my backyard! :(
You may need rain; I don't need 100 mph winds and that GFS run is up my back door, so to speak. :mad:
The next 2 weeks look juicy in the SE - hopefully rain springs eternal for you and hopefully I'm not chain sawing ... :confused:

You may need rain; I don't need 100 mph winds and that GFS run is up my back door, so to speak. :mad:
The next 2 weeks look juicy in the SE - hopefully rain springs eternal for you and hopefully I'm not chain sawing ... :confused:
Models may be overreacting to a cckw that passed. They have been pretty hot on that area for a while and nothing has gotten going yet

Models may be overreacting to a cckw that passed. They have been pretty hot on that area for a while and nothing has gotten going yet

Never said, nor do I think, it will. That wasn't the point ...

GFS keeps doing this -- just like it did with Matthew last year (run after run, long before any other model ... this is perking my ears and eyes now (although with Matthew the GFS had it as a Gulf storm for the longest while, it nevertheless "saw" something no other models were honing in on))... :(

2017061012_CON_GFS_SFC_SLP_THK_PRECIP_WINDS_324.gif

Last edited:
GFS keeps doing this -- just like it did with Matthew last year (run after run, long before any other model ... this is perking my ears and eyes now (although with Matthew the GFS had it as a Gulf storm for the longest while, it nevertheless "saw" something no other models were honing in on))... :(

2017061012_CON_GFS_SFC_SLP_THK_PRECIP_WINDS_324.gif

The old GFS! It's always got something eye popping to look at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back