• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Jukin June

drop by 6º and we're in hog heaven!
No kidding last July and August made me strongly dislike summer. I understand that we may occasionally hit 95-99 but week on week of it wore me down. Looking at the ensembles in the long range we warm up next week but that's potentially followed by what I would consider a normal summer pattern with a SW ridge and west Atlantic ridge lurking off shore. That look favors a weakness across the SE with daily storm chances with intermittent cold fronts

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

No kidding last July and August made me strongly dislike summer. I understand that we may occasionally hit 95-99 but week on week of it wore me down. Looking at the ensembles in the long range we warm up next week but that's potentially followed by what I would consider a normal summer pattern with a SW ridge and west Atlantic ridge lurking off shore. That look favors a weakness across the SE with daily storm chances with intermittent cold fronts

Very good read of what look's to be going on, SD!
Phil

Very good read of what look's to be going on, SD!
Phil
That heat ridge next week is pretty stout though but it looks like the biggest anomalies will be north of our region. That being said i could see RDU hitting 95+ at least once between Monday and Wednesday

This spring and headed into summer seems to be going a lot like 1989. That was a wet and relatively cool summer over much of the southeast. June was really wet and July was wet too, but not as wet as June. August was the "driest" month that summer, but still at or slightly above normal. Anyone 40 or over should remember how that summer ended though, with a cat 4 hurricane into SC.

For winter lovers, the following winter featured a very cold Dec followed by a warm Jan-March. Feb and March were very wet in the southeast along with a good bit of severe weather. Christmas week 1989 featured a major winter storm that stayed within 75 miles of the gulf and Atlantic coasts, giving parts of eastern NC and SC up to near 20 inches of snow, while the ATL area up through GSP and on to Raleigh got little if anything. This system gave much of northern FLA a major taste of winter precip too.

So when is this cold front supposed to move through and dry us out ? My forecast was for sunny skies today and it's been pouring rain the last 20 minutes.

Should be the last day. It was unexpected here as well, and it looks like what you are having is moving in my direction now.
Chance of rain tomorrow too. We just cant get a dry day, even on days when theres a 0% chance of rain. I swear we go from one extreme to the other. Its either bone dry like last fall or it rains every day. Somewhere in between would be nice.

First two days were fine but I'm ready for a break from the rain again. When it's light rain like it was and it's dreary and gray, it makes me sleepy.

That heat ridge next week is pretty stout though but it looks like the biggest anomalies will be north of our region. That being said i could see RDU hitting 95+ at least once between Monday and Wednesday

I can live with that like you said it's the weeks of continued furnace that really is oppressive, when it only drops below 80 for an hour or two or not at all.... it can take a toll. And 54 this morning with a stiff NE breeze, man we are living right

58 in the valley below South Shades Crest in Hoover AL. Even had a light breeze that made it feel more like an October morning here. Even the birds noticed and were serenading me on the way to my car. Enjoy this while we have it. As with everything think in life, nothing stays the same for very long.

I can live with that like you said it's the weeks of continued furnace that really is oppressive, when it only drops below 80 for an hour or two or not at all.... it can take a toll. And 54 this morning with a stiff NE breeze, man we are living right
This morning was fantastic I was actually cool

Back