• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

Yes, it's very typical for us to get 2 day cold snaps and then quick warm up to rain. Timing will be very important. I'm growing more concerned about the lack of precipitation of any kind.

Like I've said in banter, I'm tired of it being dry. I'm good with any precip at this point to stop the bleeding with the dryness.

Looks like the wintry precip on the GFS initiatiated East of the Memphis area this run. I guess we would need this thing to close off and further west to get some action here in the Memphis/NW MS area.

Looks like the wintry precip on the GFS initiatiated East of the Memphis area this run. I guess we would need this thing to close off and further west to get some action here in the Memphis/NW MS area.
That's a recipe for a cutter of pain for everyone else. It also is very risky if we have 60s in the area when it rolls through as that could mean severe weather. I would rather take a weak low for overrunning to get you guys out there snow than a cutter. Plus I don't think Memphis would get much. The system is in a better place as there is a larger window for moisture to be pulled by the Gulf. Too soon and it's only a few flakes.

I just looked at the free maps. Looks like an Apps Runner to a more northern Miller B-ish to me. It probably closed off quicker than the GFS. I'd like to see it close off later to let our upper south folks get in on the act.

Yeah. If you like cold. Dry weather. Bring that 1056. On. Squash city

How many times are you going to post the same thing over and over again?First you said we’d be warm all winter but that didn’t pan out. Now you are constantly posting about how it will be cold but dry every time a snow threat shows up. This system late next week is very close to being a good snow for us in middle Tennessee. We are also going into our best time for snow climo wise so I for one am really interested in this one.​

How many times are you going to post the same thing over and over again?First you said we’d be warm all winter but that didn’t pan out. Now you are constantly posting about how it will be cold but dry every time a snow threat shows up. This system late next week is very close to being a good snow for us in middle Tennessee. We are also going into our best time for snow climo wise so I for one am really interested in this one.​

Keep an eye on this puppy...have the ULL close off a bit later and you may have a nice snow on your hands.

Last edited:
I'll be watching this carefully. The wife and I may make a quick weekend trip to the smokies if it looks like it could be good up there. Already got my eye on a cabin that is at about 2800 feet.

Folks who troll a weather board. One of those things in life I will never truly understand.

It’ll be fun to watch the next several model runs. Hopefully more opportunities to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious to see what the models do with our cold air at the end of their runs tonight

Looks like the 12z Euro fired a warning shot. This run looks like a inland runner, not really a cutter but not an Apps Runner. Man, I was ready to try for the mid/upper south lol.

A major inland running storm set up a cold snap again on the GFS but it's nowhere like what we saw here. That's fine honestly.

Back