• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

The Canadian didnt, but it thought about it...

Patterns normally come in and go out with a bang. This may be it.

500hv.conus.png

Need to watch for possible severe threat late next week. EURO, and CMC a little more supportive than the GFS, but the spread on the GFS ensembles is so large I wouldn't believe much until we find out what happens with our first system Monday, and when the other (the possible severe maker) gets onshore in 84hrs.

Still don't have much faith in the system at weeks end . Reading the area forecast discussions from the NWS sounds like most offices are leaning towards a frontal passage with moisture moving out .

Your maps are awesome! Two questions: are they aware of your maps and planning to use them?

Second, are your maps available online anywhere? I think they are too good not to be shared!

Thanks!! Yeah I've been keeping in touch w/ them about this and have talked to several NWS RAH employees (including Blaes, Badgett, & Petro) about what I'm doing and they were very interested. I plan to release all of the maps at once (including seasonal maps) going back to 1895 when I get them complete. I've been working feverishly for the last several months to get as many as I can done

5.1 this morning

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Love the .1 lol. Heat bills are gonna be crazy high this month. My furnace has been running for like two weeks straight . Can't wait....

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Love the .1 lol. Heat bills are gonna be crazy high this month. My furnace has been running for like two weeks straight . Can't wait....

No kidding it's as bad as the a.c. running when it's endlessly near 100. Tonight will probably be the coldest night of the whole streak too. Think 0 is a good possibility

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Even w/us leaving our heat at 65° our heating bill will be through the roof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The long range is really not looking that bad. Maybe a 6-12 day dance with normal to slightly above, then go back to eastern trough. Already saw a 1056 mb dropping into the plains on the end of one of the models.

Back