• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January thread part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another bad run and the "Winter Cancel" posts will be upon us. Pray for the 12z runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another bad run and the "Winter Cancel" posts will be upon us. Pray for the 12z runs.

It's on it's way to dumpster fire, the 12Z! Let's do it, Winter Cancel! But I'm real excited about mid Feb!!

2 weeks ago I mentioned that the cold air will come in waves and the warmth between won't be as warm like what we've been seeing. No need for a winter cancel.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

2 weeks ago I mentioned that the cold air will come in waves and the warmth between won't be as warm like what we've been seeing. No need for a winter cancel.

yep, winter cancel posts in January are nothing other than ignorant . I guess people love to troll over a wakcked out OP run and they clearly don't look at ensembles .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GFS starts colder but again has the same thing its had lately...a monster clipper changes the pattern from eastern trough to kind of a progressive look. Now normally I would discount the GFS but the trend lately for the GFS supports what the EPS has been saying all along, which has never had the eastern trough lasting long. And the EPS has done very well lately.

I would love for the GEFS to be right on the cooler pattern, but it's on an island by itself right now. Everything else suggests what the EPS has said, and the EPS isn't looking good.

I actually don't think this looks as bad as I thought it did though last night. I kind of think that this is going to end up being a return to the pattern we saw in December. That ended up being an above climo month temperature wise but it had many cool, damp, and dreary days.

And with the very suppressed system we're seeing in the gulf not long after the pattern change, we're going to need to see a Matthew like intervention trend tomorrow. I don't even mean it needs to show a winter storm for us, I mean it needs to make a jump to where it's showing precip in the southern portion of MS/AL/GA.

The CMC actually does what I'm looking for on the eastern side of the southeast at least, it's still suppressed but it's a big step in the right direction. Instead of showing nothing it shows some precip in N FL/SE GA.

The CMC actually does what I'm looking for on the eastern side of the southeast at least, it's still suppressed but it's a big step in the right direction. Instead of showing nothing it shows some precip in N FL/SE GA.

cmc day day 8-10 is a much better setup vs the day 6-8 period that we have been talking about. great ridge placement and trough axis ..gimme this over the day 6-8 setup
3f8af691a50a6cf74df00a837205e03b.jpg

Here is what I immediately saw on the 12z CMC, there is no clipper coming down while the disturbance in the GOM moves along. Soon as the disturbance moves out to the Atlantic a clipper system then comes down. With no clipper coming down, this is also causing less suppression.

It's the GFS, so it will be gone in the next run but boy goofy sure has tried with those massive cutter bombs. I've seen at least three of them in the last couple of days. It's in "entertainment purposes only land" though.

for this freaking out and canceling winter the 12z gefs looks nothing like the gfs op . and is actually very interesting days 8-12

for this freaking out and canceling winter the 12z gefs looks nothing like the gfs op . and is actually very interesting days 8-12

Differently looks active.

I can't see radar maps on the GEFS but to my eyes the 500 MB maps look a lot different than what the GFS says and I don't think it really warms up either. Hopefully we see some good trends with the EPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back