• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January thread part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least this winter the mid Atlantic and northeast ain't getting much snow either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see a reason to really worry that much. I like where we are headed, I doubt we have to go through another early spring period like we are in until...spring

The one thing I will say I don't like is the brevity of the SSW and the models taking the PV back poleward by day 16. The displacement of the PV should really help out in the meantime and with the warm area over Siberia into Ak at 10mb we may see the the atmosphere below that attempt to couple and cause a nice EPO/PNA....lots of questions, some potential.

This
fe0868f5b6e5e8ea3ff3176716a36eec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

-EPO looks like it's in the books. But will that be enough? Time will tell. The PNA forecasts are all over the place so a + is not a foregone conclusion by any means. Time will tell but here's crossed fingers. Knock on wood. Have a beer until ...

The GFS is going to try again with this system around the same time period but I'm already seeing no reason for it to really come north. Maybe a bit.

Yep, it's juicy but it's dropping south again. If there's going to be any real move with this one, it's coming tomorrow or Monday (just like I said happened with Matthew). Otherwise it might not be to be.

I don't see a reason to really worry that much. I like where we are headed, I doubt we have to go through another early spring period like we are in until...spring
Or after Feb 5

Now the GFS is going to try again with the same look precip wise and now that this pattern has fully moderated, I bet it survives, and if it's delayed a bit, we may even see a massive phase (with what I'm seeing out of the west).

That monster clipper that is coming out of Canada looks like it's throwing a monkey wrench into this pattern and making it more transient than straight western ridge-eastern trough.

Now the GFS is going to try again with the same look precip wise and now that this pattern has fully moderated, I bet it survives, and if it's delayed a bit, we may even see a massive phase (with what I'm seeing out of the west).

Or maybe not. So it's not cold that is keeping the system from coming up, it's something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back