• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January thread part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude - That's why I moved over here (in part) - I still post over there a good bit, but the manners and objective thinking here are so much nicer/better/less full of self ...
There are few if any people here who are part of a "clique" who think they are God's gift to weather forecasting.

I like it this way. I'd rather lack a few "well known" posters than to deal with the crap.

There are few if any people here who are part of a "clique" who think they are God's gift to weather forecasting.

I like it this way. I'd rather lack a few "well known" posters than to deal with the crap.
I think you just said more eloquently than I what I just said ;)
Keep up the good work, folks!

CMC ensemble has more the look what we want to see. This would allow for less suppression. The ridge out in the Atlantic is more north and west (than the 18z GFS ensemble) changing the way the trough is over the east. Not just that, the trough out west is more stronger and more northward. This is defentily an overrunning look. Oh I love the CMC.
c49b2a6abf3f7fc255b907d213b13fd6.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Even if this upcoming cold period ends up only being a few days/transient, I certainly wouldn't declare "winter cancel" before we can see far enough into the future to even see one of the two most active periods for major winter storms in the SE US, the 2nd week into 3rd week of Feb. We can't see how 2/8+ will be.

It is a lot more laid back and less cliqueish here for sure. Some.folks there take this way too serious, and a couple of posters always look for the worse in any scenario. Also, a couple of mods there are hypocritical with they way they enforce rules and seem to be drunk on power, but let a couple of posters do nothing but troll because they are in the clique.

:eek::rolleyes:o_O:oops::eek::D:p:mad::(;):)

NO BANTER!

lol.

Anyway guys, the Winter is not over. Sure things aren't "great" on some OP runs, but again, I'd rather chase a slight chance at an event than to be let down with a consistent event showing up that fails to materialize like the last one. At least in my yard.

The winter cancel stuff is just funny. Things can change quickly here. We can have a couple of days in the 70s just a week before getting a foot of snow.

The winter cancel stuff is just funny. Things can change quickly here. We can have a couple of days in the 70s just a week before getting a foot of snow.
That's the kind of statements I want to read!

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

According to weather.com, no real cold air through Feb 5. Hopefully we finally get some cold weather after Feb 5. Amazing how we go from 2 weeks of 20+ above normal to just "average" temps. Going to be hard to finish the winter even close to normal with that kind of pattern. This winter reminds me very much of the winter of 2011-12.

Last edited:
I thought the "Winter Cancel" declarations would have come out if we had some bad runs today. Instead we just talked about how much we hate winter cancel. LOL

Nicer looking runs today. Seemed like pattern was reloading a bit toward the end of the run. Wouldn't be shocked if things get interesting around President's Day Weekend. I'd like to head up to Cataloochee to hit the slopes....er slope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to weather.com, no real cold air through Feb 5. Hopefully we finally get some cold weather after Feb 5. Amazing how we go from 2 weeks of 20+ above normal to just "average" temps. Going to be hard to finish the winter even close to normal with that kind of pattern. This winter reminds me very much of the winter of 2011-12.
why on earth would anyone that knows about weather go by weather.com?o_O this is for Jan 28-Feb 3
610temp.new.gif

Models (being models and not human) have not begun to factor into their matrix the last 2 days worth of weather and what it might portend ... just sayin' - like the models still haven't figured out on a larger scale the October/November tropics

See, there is your first mistake.... They never get it right..

Yeah, it may not seem THAT cold, but while it's run of the mill mid 40s to high 50s is below average to average climo wise for late January through February. I would say a typical midwinter high temp when it's not well below average is mid 40s-low 50s.

I thought the "Winter Cancel" declarations would have come out if we had some bad runs today. Instead we just talked about how much we hate winter cancel. LOL

Nicer looking runs today. Seemed like pattern was reloading a bit toward the end of the run. Wouldn't be shocked if things get interesting around President's Day Weekend. I'd like to head up to Cataloochee to hit the slopes....er slope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's going to change in the next run but I'd be perfectly okay with what I've seen on the last two GFSes. It does moderate but its not as bad as it was looking. You can clearly see it trying to reload the pattern.

Now it may lead to no winter storms, but this option is better than endless days of 70+ to me. I've actually said that a perfect day to me in the winter if I can't have snow is a sunny day with temperatures in the low to mid 60s.

no, not only will that change, but he said no cold before Feb. 5...again, why anyone would believe weather.com that studies weather is amazing to me.
I'm not disagreeing with you 1 bit (particularly about TWC, or generally otherwise) - but the next frame is nothing but a weekend computer generated map that is not as "pretty", and taking it a step further and recognizing the next frame, I humbly suggest, provides full disclosure - that's all ...

Last edited:
I'm not disagreeing with you 1 bit - but the next frame of a weekend computer generated map is not as "pretty" and taking it a step further humbly suggest full disclosure and not snippets to fit a taste - that's all ...
i was pointing out the lameness in believing weather.com that no cold weather would be around before feb 5, that's ALL, and here's another, the threat for way below normal temps jan 30 to feb 2 here from the CPC
16237391_1558641394163513_1858328133_n.jpg

i was pointing out the lameness in believing weather.com that no cold weather would be around before feb 5, that's ALL, and here's another, the threat for way below normal temps jan 30 to feb 2 here from the CPC
16237391_1558641394163513_1858328133_n.jpg
Gotcha! TWC - not defending it - CPC weekend with no human fingers on it - largely disregard it ...
Best!
Phil

PS - I'm the one who's been saying (elsewhere) since October that Feb is gonna be cold and wet - I'd love to see it happen btw!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back