• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

3k nam looks great for the eastern nc Piedmont. Some totals over a foot. Over 10” for Raleigh. We toss?
Yeah that jackpot zone on the 3k nam is spot on where Webb and 1300 have been saying.... not throwing in the towel here just yet

Yep, SC gets moisture robbed. CAE catches the shaft like they always have. Ugh.. so frustrating, it's right there.

Lol 3km is awesome for NC. We don’t really need a phase when the vort max is positive tilted over the panhandle and very strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't read any comments, but obviously at H5 this was a trend to the RGEM. I am actually very encouraged to still see the jackpot zone stay where it does even with those changes.
Agreed. And don’t read any comments!

I'm riding the 3k NAM to glory or the glorious cliff...
refcmp_ptype.us_ma.png
You guys reel it in!!!!:)

IMO, still a great run for the eastern third of NC and SC. Sure, people aren't getting 10-20 inches of snow, but I think people need to be realistic about getting a blockbuster event. 4-6 inches is still enough to make everything look gorgeous.

If we could get the RGEM showing 4” here, I’d feel much better about actually seeing some accumulating snow here, regardless of what the globals show.

If we could get the RGEM showing 4” here, I’d feel much better about actually seeing some accumulating snow here, regardless of what the globals show.
Yeah I’m with you. More than anything I just want to see some snow take advantage of these insanely cold grounds. Heard thru the grapevine RGEM throws precip back to the triad, but heavier returns are still hanging around the coast

Back