• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

namconus_ref_frzn_seus_39.png

Later phase, tilt slower. Basically, a step away for interior sections. Still good for the coastal.

The surface low is futher west at hour 39 on Shawn comparison above. LOL

I think that does it for me. May still be good for interior NC but interior GA outside of South GA is out.

Hard to be mad though about it. It's even rarer for the coast to get anything. What I don't understand is the L was WEST LOL.

Yeh confused on why noone is noticing the placement of the low compared to the precip shield.

NAM 3km will be similar. Goodbye insane inland NC snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The southern vort intensified and tilted a little faster w/o interaction from the northern stream and the surface low placement is pretty ideal for a big hit between the I-95 and US-1 corridors. A track over or west of Hatteras usually leads to mixing issues in RDU, 50-100 miles offshore is about where you want it here. Just an fyi, the tropical tidbits 12km NAM precip maps also suck.

Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 9.21.42 PM.png

NAM 3km will be similar. Goodbye insane inland NC snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The TT 12km NAM reflectivity maps are bad, there's still snow into the eastern piedmont of NC on this run verbatim

Attachments

• namconus_ref_frzn_seus_40.png
    namconus_ref_frzn_seus_40.png
    165.3 KB · Views: 34
Ok, wait till 6z then. It doesn’t mean we can’t get snow. You’re too emotional about this. There are still plenty of snow scenarios on the table. It would be nice for a global to show some of them.
No, just hate when people say one run different from the other runs is a trend. One run is not the definition of the word trend.

Back