• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

Well one thing's answered for sure by The NAM at least for now is that the fact is probably going to happen late enough for areas Inland in Georgia South Carolina to not see much. There's a better shot Inland in South Carolina. The coastlines will still do pretty good. And I'm impressed for Central and Eastern North Carolina

The 0Z NAM is a tremendous hit on SAV with a whopping 1.5" of qpf with 1.1" of it as ZR and 0.40" as SN! No way I'm buying into a setup like this to bring SAV its biggest ice storm by a country mile since 1922. Where's the wedge/shallow cold air to cause it? This looks bogus.

Well one thing's answered for sure by The NAM at least for now is that the fact is probably going to happen late enough for areas Inland in Georgia South Carolina to not see much. There's a better shot Inland in South Carolina. The coastlines will still do pretty good. And I'm impressed for Central and Eastern North Carolina
For us here in eastern South Carolina it's a good bet to call for 1-2 inches of Snow u think?

Pretty close
2f881623b554d28fd575bd9b7f488c2c.jpg
8ffccfa913c7d3b7e5a4023be7c2cb82.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That ball of energy in the Great Lakes is what messed us up this run. It impeded the chaser from diving south quicker.

Yep. Blame the ball. I mentioned this during the play by play of the 12km Nam, it was painful to watch. Though I didn’t expect NC to fair well, I figured it would cause a complete whiff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The next storm will probably drop 6 inches from newberry to Greenville to rock hill to charlotte while columbia gets a cold rain.

Back