• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

Yep. Blame the ball. I mentioned this during the play by play of the 12km Nam, it was painful to watch. Though I didn’t expect NC to fair well, I figured it would cause a complete whiff.

Do you think that could possibly be an anamoly on this particular run? It is something we need to keep a watch for in future runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GFS is slower with the main wave and stronger, a smidge slower with the chaser through hr30

Yeah that jackpot zone on the 3k nam is spot on where Webb and 1300 have been saying.... not throwing in the towel here just yet

Screw even considering throwing in the towel, I'm gonna actually need more towels and pairs of pants to clean myself up after that 3km NAM run. As 1300 mentioned it's amazing we actually kept our snow despite the big shift towards the RGEM, however I doubt significant precipitation doesn't at least get to the US-1 corridor here

Slight improvement
18ff4b03decb45181d5ecbc17d855812.gif

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The GFS continues to take small steps inland with GA/SC. In the end I think the southern coastal plain does see something, but it won't be what was depicted on the NAM...just light accumulations.

Slight improvement
18ff4b03decb45181d5ecbc17d855812.gif

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Notice the northern stream wave actually leaves it alone more this run which allows our southern stream vort to slow down and amplify/tilt more quickly, I don't think this is as bad of a trend as some were making it out to be, which is consistent w/ what Masiello mentioned this morning

Doesn't this kinda work like tropical system, stronger consolidated system is pulled away? Ikd, just kinda makes sense to me.

Back