• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Nate

At 36 landfall appears to the MS and strengthening as it moves in down to 985mb And slows just a bit as it nears the MS coast Little W of 12z run as well

48hr just S of Tuscaloosa

54hr little E of Huntsville

Last edited:
That is a question that I have been wondering as well. Maybe some of those with better expertise can chime in on this.
Without looking into the soundings a wild guess is they are expecting a large rain shield and the better tornado threat to be displaced east into Ga where the precip becomes more banded and you can generate some instability. Just a thought

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I love how the models transition nate from a lopsided to the east system to a left of track heavy rain event when it interacts with the trough. Flipping the proverbial bird to me

BMX may need to adjust the greatest wind impacts further W jmho I think NHC may shift back little W with track also based off the last couple runs movement is more NNE vs hard NE turn...will just have to see what happens when they do the new graphics update little later this evening

Last edited:
All in for the TABS
1ba0386999aaafcd057a58e4eeec0700.jpg

BMX may need to adjust the greatest wind impacts further W jmho I think NHC may shift back little W with track also based off the last couple runs movement is more NNE vs hard NE turn...will just have to see what happens when they do the new graphics update little later this evening
The 5pm update did shift west from the 11am update

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

The 5pm update did shift west from the 11am update

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Ok gotcha well maybe another 20-30mi W if these models continue to show more of a westward component want to ride along the 20/59 corridor or just west of that it seems and not hooking hard right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

994 mb vdm looks like the 983 mb was bad data

Definitely no rapid intensification yet

Back