• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

Storm actually looks like it low level center is organizing decently fast right now, it’s a small center, a small storm, wouldn’t suprise me if it spun up quickly into a strong ts very quick, I’m here now because something actually formed lol

Yep and has happened many times over this stretch of water by small systems.

These small systems are the ones that eventually slide into the Carribbean and have a much higher chance of US impact if they survive.

Definitely too far out to forecast exact landfall location but does anyone think this could be a threat to the SE coast?

I could absolutely see a Charleston landfall if the conditions and timing of strength play out, would hate to see it and if it does I hope to help evacuate everybody I possibly can, the locals can be very stubborn there. The city floods from a normal rainstorm lately, can’t imagine what a hurricane would do

Every storm is different but if the models continue to shift the way they are I could see a Hugo type track. Once again, way too early to say with confidence where landfall will be.

I could absolutely see a Charleston landfall if the conditions and timing of strength play out, would hate to see it and if it does I hope to help evacuate everybody I possibly can, the locals can be very stubborn there. The city floods from a normal rainstorm lately, can’t imagine what a hurricane would do
Yes. We flood here with a afternoon thunderstorm... And no one likes to evacuate. Also, we have some major tourist spots that are directly waterfront, like Isle of Palms (IOP), Sullivan's Island, Folly Beach, Kiawah Island, Seabrook Island, Edisto Island, and further south Beaufort and Hilton Head island (HHI).

Now I’m getting off topic but if it were like Hugo it’d bring hurricane force winds to some major inland population centers like Columbia, Greenville and Charlotte.

Cat1 9-11 feet at high tide
Cat 3 15-19 feet at high tide
Higher. Catastrophic

https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/surge/CHS_mom1.png
https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/surge/CHS_mom3.png

Now I’m getting off topic but if it were like Hugo it’d bring hurricane force winds to some major inland population centers like Columbia, Greenville and Charlotte.
There is a risk....but this storm has a lot of hurdles to jump before its even possible.

Let's hope this massive rapid intensification doesn't happen........this model has some issues this early in the game.....
However if it happens to RI, it would be the only model getting this correct. It's always a wait and see scenario with it. I think it just doesn't do well with unorganized messes. This storm I feel like it's one it'll be right on unless it starts looking bad the next 24 hours.

However if it happens to RI, it would be the only model getting this correct. It's always a wait and see scenario with it. I think it just doesn't do well with unorganized messes. This storm I feel like it's one it'll be right on unless it starts looking bad the next 24 hours.

Its kind of interesting to me the NHC is so bullish when most of the models are weak also they mention RI now granted I'm on the fence too but they obviously dont think its impossible for the stronger solutions to verify(they were actually above the HWRF last run)

Its kind of interesting to me the NHC is so bullish when most of the models are weak also they mention RI now granted I'm on the fence too but they obviously dont think its impossible for the stronger solutions to verify(they were actually above the HWRF last run)
I think its because the NHC sees the path that it can take with the high retraction. As well, the models have a fairly high pressure. Its possible that it will be stronger when it hits the pocket of shear and can get by it.

Navgem goes north too.

3eb3c45aacb6d3c280c15d6ceacbb505.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back