• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

Is this where you think it's going but not a official forecast track? Because if so, than that's right over my house lol
YES THIS IS WHAT I DREW UP IN PAINT SO I CAN COMPARE "MY TRACK" WITH WHAT THE FINAL TRACK IS WHEN EVER THIS IS FIZZLED OUT., SORRY ABOUT BOMBING YOUR HOUSE :)

HWRF is weaker overall but at the end of the run appears to miss most of the Shredder to the north and is strengthening

hwrf_satIR_05L_22.png

Here is a GEFS modke track , right to about Mobile,AL
842399c33a664bb4fcab435b18a39466.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

NHC Tropical Storm Dorian Advisory 4:

...TROPICAL STORM WATCH ISSUED FOR BARBADOS...

ABOUT 555 MI ESE OF BARBADOS
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS: 40 MPH
PRESENT MOVEMENT: W AT 13 MPH
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE: 1008 MB

Watches/Warning Changes:

The government of Barbados has issued a Tropical Storm Watch for Barbados.

NHC forecast Track/Intensity:

912CD2D4-4EBB-4A0D-AD5A-695DCBC87E1B.png
12H: 45 MPH
24H: 50 MPH
36H: 60 MPH
48H: 65 MPH
72H: 75 MPH
96H: 70 MPH
120H: 40 MPH...INLAND

Key Messages:
0978B7DB-E6EE-4938-90E0-0529CA60D0B9.png

Last edited:
06z ICON stays north. 00z Navgem stays north.
06z GFS goes to the shredder.....
06z Legacy stays north to make it in the gulf.

My key take-away from the 5 am NHC discussion:

Quote. --
"It should be stressed that Dorian is likely to be a difficult cyclone
to forecast due to the marginal environment it is embedded within
and its small size."

I've not quite bought into "no retraction of the high". If there is a weakness in the high, the storm is going north. 3 or 4 more days before we can sea...

Screenshot_20190825-065510.jpg
06z Legacy a little slower intensifying in the gulf but gets to the same place as 00z, but just further west.

I've not quite bought into "no retraction of the high". If there is a weakness in the high, the storm is going north. 3 or 4 more days before we can sea...

If you remember during the winter while CAD verified stronger, the high usually weakened closer to verification. Definitely something to watch. I’m not going all in until we get more ensemble shifts north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The chips are stacking up against Dorian being any kind of major threat unless it can clear the islands to the north if it goes into the shredder and then over Hispaniola then it's pretty much over for it I think especially being such a small circulation once it gets torn apart it's going to be tough to get it back

Back