• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December, Make analogs relevant again

This 12z euro run definitely reminds me of this event in January 2016 where cold air chased moisture (anafront) and it managed to change over to heavy wet snow briefly just to the NE of Raleigh and produced an inch or two of accumulation in Nash, Franklin, eastern Warren, Halifax, and Northampton counties.
Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 2.12.01 PM.png

This 12z euro run definitely reminds me of this event in January 2016 where cold air chased moisture (anafront) and it managed to change over to heavy wet snow briefly just to the NE of Raleigh and produced an inch or two of accumulation in Nash, Franklin, eastern Warren, Halifax, and Northampton counties.
View attachment 1680
Like I said time to start thinking of a metwannabe special lol. Not out there in la-la land either and I believe the GEFS had a couple of members showing the same thing

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Like I said time to start thinking of a metwannabe special lol. Not out there in la-la land either and I believe the GEFS had a couple of members showing the same thing

Yep this is also that infamous "Gee Whiz" storm where NWS RAH sort of jinxed the accumulations that fell and only expected many to see snow (if at all) in the form of "gee whiz it's snowing outside annnnddd it's gone". Rip lol

Wonder if it's too early for a thread for next week. The first one on the 7th is just 6 days out.

If the models continue to hint of it snowing next week, the thread will be started

Yep this is also that infamous "Gee Whiz" storm where NWS RAH sort of jinxed the accumulations that fell and only expected many to see snow (if at all) in the form of "gee whiz it's snowing outside annnnddd it's gone". Rip lol
Having a gee whiz storm beats the heck out of a storm that just whizzes on you

Instead of getting a nice ridge to take over NE Siberia (-WPO), we've decided to keep a big vortex up there in the longer term... Definitely a good sign if you want to see the polar vortex held back from getting too strong over the next several weeks. This stratospheric conduit will continue to apply the pressure on the polar vortex
ecmwf_z500a_5d_nh_41.png

Instead of getting a nice ridge to take over NE Siberia (-WPO), we've decided to keep a big vortex up there in the longer term... Definitely a good sign if you want to see the polar vortex held back from getting too strong over the next several weeks. This stratospheric conduit will continue to apply the pressure on the polar vortex
View attachment 1686

075efdf811f37563b715ba3e94854b5b.jpg

The EPS would agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back