• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August Rush

I appear to finally be getting in on the liquid gold, with a shot at REALLY getting it, and the ironic thing is, it comes when I said "nah, radar looks like deja vu, I probably won't get rain, so I don't need to walk early, but I just looked and now it doesn't, it looks like storms are on their way after this storm that's around".

Raleigh is being surrounded on nearly all sides by storms and outflow boundaries, the next few hours ought to be quite tumultuous.
Going to be some impressive rainfall amounts with that line setting up just west of Wake.... training cells going to be an issue

All the storms going to the west of me so far.

And I know it has been raining a lot at other parts of the state, but for me this pattern has been the typical summer scattered storms. If you get the storma, then tou could get some impressive rain. But I would not say this has been a state wide pattern. Just like we are seeing now with the storms to the west of Wake.

Maybe I have been just lucky and not getting the storms. I do think the models busted last week with the rain totals. I think it just depends on where you are. If you have a 90% chance of storms and don't get any, though, I think most people would consider that a bust.

Maybe I have been just lucky and not getting the storms. I do think the models busted last week with the rain totals. I think it just depends on where you are. If you have a 90% chance of storms and don't get any, though, I think most people would consider that a bust.
Apparently you are the 10%....

In all seriousness though, where are you getting the 90% chance of storms from? I see NWS has 70% chance.... just curious

After missing out the last week on all the storms, just like Brick, I have cashed in today. Training right over me for the past 1 plus hours.

It is dark here, but not storming . Looks like I am a bit too far west. But there is a severe storm warning for RDU.

7E369E3B-C43C-4FC4-9115-FC27349EC9EF.png
I sense sarcasm....
Last 14 days (basically last 2 weeks of July), if this is normal for the SE I apologize and will come out from under my rock
nws_precip_nc_14.png
Sadly, for this particular 2 weeks, I’m in the 1.8” bullseye! I know it’s scattered, but it’s also sad!

And the storms that were to the west moved to the north of here.

Back