• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August Rush

F94FD398-E2F9-46CB-9562-0FC9CC52683C.png A very good summation of the last 8 days and scattered variability to the big wetter. Notice the streakiness to the rain and me in the dark green!:confused:

4468ADF3-32F4-49D9-8E35-14A9CFECD5B2.png Pretty much sums up big what the sequel!

Finally really got it some twice. Most recent time, it looked like hurricane conditions outside for a few minutes. Scared our kitties some.

And the storms that were to the west moved to the north of here.
Best focus for heavy rain has been to our west really all week. We have been relying on daytime heating to fire off a few storms then outflow propagation and mergers to develop new cells. Once that process occurs with the best focus not over the area new development is usually shallow and isolated. A pretty strong disturbance moving through the upstate right now guarantees a big night for the 85 corridor into the mountains. Im not sure what we can get going this far east. We may see a band or 2 of showers and storms roll through during the overnight into early morning. I have my suspicions that tomorrow might actually be the bigger day for many in the US1 to 95 corridor as the trough starts lifting NE and the western edge of the Atlantic ridge gets eroded a bit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Best focus for heavy rain has been to our west really all week. We have been relying on daytime heating to fire off a few storms then outflow propagation and mergers to develop new cells. Once that process occurs with the best focus not over the area new development is usually shallow and isolated. A pretty strong disturbance moving through the upstate right now guarantees a big night for the 85 corridor into the mountains. Im not sure what we can get going this far east. We may see a band or 2 of showers and storms roll through during the overnight into early morning. I have my suspicions that tomorrow might actually be the bigger day for many in the US1 to 95 corridor as the trough starts lifting NE and the western edge of the Atlantic ridge gets eroded a bit.

Very good analysis ... and enjoy the read even though it has nothing to do with MBY ... Thanks ... ;)

Maybe we will get in on the action tomorrow. Last week it was to the east. This week to the west. I had one good storm the last two weeks.

2.60” yesterday, light drizzle now.
I've had 2 1/2 since yesterday, and it's still raining. I can't remember a spring and summer that was so comparatively cool, and I've been covered up with rain and clouds the whole time, which has helped I know. The west and the Carolina's and other places are seeing terrible heat, and it's cool city around here. Amazing how local broad patterns can become. For years I couldn't buy any rain while n Atl was soaking, and now I'm rain wealthy..like Scrooge McDuck wealthy....and this has become the summer without a summer.

Airport got 2.25 inches of rain today! Now has a 10+ inch surplus for the year! Insane for it being middle of summer, and we are usually in drought conditions right now! It’s a tropical rainforest!

73 for a high on August 1... that's got to be a record low max for the date, if not month. May be a misprint, not sure.. I It's definitely stayed in the 70s all day today though.

nope, never mind... August 12, 2004, had a high of 71... I remember that cool shot too now.. I was moving furniture for a living back then, and recall those few easy days of work in the middle of Summer.

I’m glad the big wet is over, I couldn’t handle much more rain!:D

73 for a high on August 1... that's got to be a record low max for the date, if not month. May be a misprint, not sure.. I It's definitely stayed in the 70s all day today though.

69F 73F for both days to start off August, and close to 6" of rain down this way.

Back