• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August Rush

Looks like the big wet ended here with around 4" of rain after some more last night. I'm fine with a week to dry out now but that isn't going to happen unless we miss every pop up storm.

Looks like just rain today as the sun hasn’t come out to raise CAPE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only picked up .04 yesterday but it was measurable and it's raining at the house now, this makes 6 straight days of measurable rain, I have no idea the last time that has happened.

Looks like just rain today as the sun hasn’t come out to raise CAPE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's a solid batch of heavy stuff moving in from SC, but I'm guessing this morning's rain has worked the atmosphere over and that will not make it.

I have seen a lot of rain today. This was the kind of rain I was expecting the past two weeks based on the models and forecast. Now it just needs to dry out by Sunday because I am headed to the OBX for a few days.

Some of the same locations that got hit hard yesterday around Pitsboro are taking it on the chin again today

Surprisingly the atmosphere appears to be destabilizing fairly quick behind that exiting area of light rain fueling those cells

Bet next week will be part 3

Well I measured 1.95” out of the gauge yesterday at noon. Then we picked up another 1.62” with majority of it being from 9:30 to 12:30 as that meso low moved northeast over our area. That brings the total at a respectable 3.57” for this system. Also, got the chance to chase the Monticello Warned storm as it came up towards Mansfield got right under the meso which was cool. Unfortunately, I missed out on the social circle tornado because I was eating and by the time I look it was weakening so decided it wasn’t worth chasing due to their factors as well.

There’s some embedded rotation within this complex of storms between Raleigh and Sanford near US 1. Those in west central Wake and extreme northwestern Harnett County need to monitor this storm... I’m hoping the downdraft from the storms to the south can overtake it before tries to produce

Under a severe storm warning now until 3:30.

Severe Thunderstorm Warning
NCC037-063-085-101-105-135-183-031930-
/O.NEW.KRAH.SV.W.0161.180803T1850Z-180803T1930Z/

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
National Weather Service Raleigh NC
250 PM EDT FRI AUG 3 2018

The National Weather Service in Raleigh has issued a

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for...
South central Orange County in central North Carolina...
Central Harnett County in central North Carolina...
Northeastern Lee County in central North Carolina...
Wake County in central North Carolina...
Northwestern Johnston County in central North Carolina...
Eastern Chatham County in central North Carolina...
Southwestern Durham County in central North Carolina...

* Until 330 PM EDT

* At 250 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm was located 7 miles southwest
of Fuquay-Varina, or 8 miles northwest of Lillington, moving north
at 35 mph.

HAZARD...60 mph wind gusts.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Expect damage to roofs, siding, and trees.

* Locations impacted include...
Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Chapel Hill, Lillington, Garner, Carrboro,
Fuquay-Varina, Clayton and Angier.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

For your protection move to an interior room on the lowest floor of a
building.

&&

LAT...LON 3532 7869 3539 7913 3589 7916 3592 7876
3576 7838
TIME...MOT...LOC 1850Z 191DEG 30KT 3551 7888

HAIL...<.75IN
WIND...60MPH

$$

HAINES

Have to give Bastardi some props here, he said early on that June would be the warmest period of summer relative to the averages for the East.

5 day total over 6 inches and making a run at 7. The big wet has delivered. Moderate rain currently. Western Piedmont foothills,mountains hopefully want have to deal with any tropical entities as we head toward 60 day prime window. Mid Aug-mid Oct.

Edit: Hopefully none of us have to deal with any tropical entities.

Back