• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc August Auguring

Just a quick queston, but what does the upper air dynamics look like towards next week? I see that there will be significant troughing based on the models. Do y'all see it turning out to sea or possibly affecting the SE?
It depends on how everything will set up with the trough and the Atlantic ridge. Right now, it's too early in the game to detemine that a hurricane will effect the SE for sure. As of right now, the tropical wave does look healthy and it will most likely develop into a named storm & it will track on a westerly track for a good ways.

- Don

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
For SD
0ff9953930779cdb3478ba4f8eb0b817.jpg

Through day 10
994181aca9a72ca026dbe6d4131968cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Looks like there's a good chance of storms here for 7 straight days starting Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thunderstorms along the coast are screwing with development up this way

Not according to SD . He says less than .5 through day 13 now .

#havefunwithjhs

Doing well so far. We can chat when the radar has something within 20 miles

Last edited:
Ill take that bet easy win . Loser has to spend a day with JHS

Thunderstorms along the coast are screwing with development up this way

Get use to that, it'll happen a lot Dec-March! :(

I can't Auger ----, the ground is like concrete! No rain close today ! Tha wet weekend is pushed back to Tuesday maybe! I honestly believe the models are not picking up on the blossoming drought, and therefor,show huge modeled rain totals, only to correct to little/non as we get closer! The whole " drought breeds drought" scenario! :(

Visiting SD's stomping grounds, and brought my rain shield , not that he needed help! No rain within 200 miles

Visiting SD's stomping grounds, and brought my rain shield , not that he needed help! No rain within 200 miles
Dont worry the dew points in the 50s tomorrow will send the instability sky high!!!! I too find the push back in time humorous it was thursday then today then it pushed to Sunday now its looking more like Monday or Tuesday. I'll believe it when its raining right now its nothing more than a snow clown map or day 12 hurricane.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

That line of storms to my west really wants to suck me in but nope

Dont worry the dew points in the 50s tomorrow will send the instability sky high!!!! I too find the push back in time humorous it was thursday then today then it pushed to Sunday now its looking more like Monday or Tuesday. I'll believe it when its raining right now its nothing more than a snow clown map or day 12 hurricane.

Well , WxSouth just posted that it looks like a wet pattern setting up next week, but unfortunately , most likely setting up in the TN valley! :(
Will probably be right! The low humidity in Roxboro, was refreshing this evening, with a slight breeze, and gazing off to the SW Sky , and seeing the awesome thunderstorms about to Rock CLT , and miss GSP and RAH

Well , WxSouth just posted that it looks like a wet pattern setting up next week, but unfortunately , most likely setting up in the TN valley! :(
Will probably be right! The low humidity in Roxboro, was refreshing this evening, with a slight breeze, and gazing off to the SW Sky , and seeing the awesome thunderstorms about to Rock CLT , and miss GSP and RAH
Don't call this done for either of us yet. That's still a decent band of storms going from near Gaffney to near Pickens.

Don't call this done for either of us yet. That's still a decent band of storms going from near Gaffney to near Pickens.
It hit a wall on the southern movement and moving due east! :(

80 miles west as the crow flies of SD and his good neighbor Brick. Pouring. 1st good rains in a few weeks after months of to much rain.

Back