• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern April Showers

The 12Z GFS low track is further NW than was the case on most of or all of yesterday's GFS runs. Yes, that's the typical NW trend. The low track was as far south as KJAX at one point and the going well offshore but now it goes north of KSAV and doesn't even get offshore. As a result, it isn't nearly as cold a rain at Asheville and nearby areas and the heaviest rain is a little further north than was showing up yesterday. At Asheville the coldest it gets with the rain on the 6Z GFS is 43 vs 37 on yesterday's 12Z & the coldest 850 is +3 vs yesterday's about +0.5.

Last edited:
No rain here but it’s 50 degrees at 1:39 pm in the afternoon. This is one spring I’ll never forget. I only wish the heat would stay away this long every spring. I guess I’d have to move 300 miles north at least if want That though.

It's strange how uniform the temps are today. It's 48 in Nashville, 47 in St. Louis, 47 in Minneapolis, and 50 in International Falls.

If this statistically verifies, Brent may get some warmth in the LR, but overall, most are not looking to face a torch going in to May (a far cry from last year) ... :D
... although wet is not indicated for most ... :(, except Brent ... :cool:
Just FWIW and now back to the old salt mine ... :confused:

610temp.new.gif

814temp.new.gif

610prcp.new.gif

814prcp.new.gif

If this statistically verifies, Brent may get some warmth in the LR, but overall, most are not looking to face a torch going in to May (a far cry from last year) ... :D
... although wet is not indicated for most ... :(, except Brent ... :cool:
Just FWIW and now back to the old salt mine ... :confused:

View attachment 5087

View attachment 5088

View attachment 5089

View attachment 5090
That's strange. You would think that with below normal precip, that would indicate above normal temps. And the areas that are forecast to be wet look to be above normal for temps. Less sun = warmer. More sun = cooler. Makes sense.

That's strange. You would think that with below normal precip, that would indicate above normal temps. And the areas that are forecast to be wet look to be above normal for temps. Less sun = warmer. More sun = cooler. Makes sense.
Thunderstorms? Heat --> rain ... ???
Works in this neck of the woods, like clockwork ... o_O

I wish I had invested in a few windmills I would be making bank this year.

Glad to see models upping rain totals with the systems next week. Looks like we might get an extended period of above normal temps post day 10 as a trough drops along the west coast and into the SW and forces a central/eastern us ridge

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Based on the latest forecasts, KSAV has a good chance to still be cooler than Feb during April month to date (MTD) through 4/24 and maybe even MTD through 4/25! This more or less mirrors what much of the SE US has experienced. (KSAV has since records started in the 1870s not had a full April the same or colder than the preceding Feb though they have had 14 Aprils cooler than the record warmest Feb, Feb of 2018.)

Aside: KSAV's coldest this April (and actually since 3/23) was the 40 of 4/17 while the very next day (4/18) had a high of 88, its highest so far this April (and actually since 3/1)!

Last edited:
Back