• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern April Showers

Seems like the gfs cmc are really bringing the warmth in early may while the EPS is really dragging its feet on the warmth

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Persistent, anomalous low-level westerlies and associated convergence near and just west of the International dateline has triggered yet another downwelling oceanic Kelvin Wave in the central Pacific. This large-scale regime should persist for the foreseeable future as the MJO continues to avoid the Maritime Continent like the plague. We've taken another baby step in the direction of pushing us towards an El Nino either later this year or in 2019 (obviously still a long ways to go in any case).
wkd20eq2_anm.gif
u.anom.30.5S-5N (2).gif
DbKwP4lX4AAakgS.jpg

I was at SunTrust Park last night.. and froze my butt off.... forgot to bring a jacket.

Webb probably has this, but it seems that I recall a snowstorm hitting in the NC Mountains, perhaps over towards Asheville, in early May. Anyone remember that one?? This may have been around 30 years ago give or take. Looks like this type pattern could bring something like this.

Went with my daughter on field trip to New Orleans zoo, it felt great. Cool breez

I want to put my lemon tree out on the porch. Guess I’m going to have to wait till June.
Then we will have an early freeze and you will have to bring it back in, shortest growing season ever...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

5F23F975-58A2-4F16-A1AF-38EE6FA2E9F0.png Still looking good! There is a slight JHS rainshadow, but I jackpot!:D

7B00BCAD-E80A-4FF2-8C49-84AFD17EE014.png 007C8FDC-9BEB-4293-ACB6-66DD24FC7D14.png 339681D1-781F-4F89-B9EC-EBAE76575FC0.png Summer not looking too bad, if you believe TWC

April has by and large been cool so far for most.

This is a statistical probability and not a forecast of temps, or deviations in terms of degrees (i.e., could be just 1º). Further, this being a weekend there is no human input into the model forecast. Nevertheless, the following is a far different picture than last year, for sure, and a welcome sight for at least one who truly dreads rabid summer heat in the late spring ...

610temp.new.gif

814temp.new.gif

... and the GFS is right on board during pre-truncation ... Full upload is too big, but this link will give you an idea ... https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/ana...&region=us&pkg=T2ma&runtime=2018042112&fh=144

Partial upload ..
gfs_T2ma_us_fh144-192.gif

This was a year ago ...

cd2001-579-2424-31-8cc-63ec-b87e-d801.110.14.17.32.prcp.png

Last edited:
April has by and large been cool so far for most.

This is a statistical probability and not a forecast of temps, or deviations in terms of degrees (i.e., could be just 1º). Further, this being a weekend there is no human input into the model forecast. Nevertheless, the following is a far different picture than last year, for sure, and a welcome sight for at least one who truly dreads rabid summer heat in the late spring ...

View attachment 5109

View attachment 5110

... and the GFS is right on board during pre-truncation ... Full upload is too big, but this link will give you an idea ... https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/ana...&region=us&pkg=T2ma&runtime=2018042112&fh=144

Partial upload ..
View attachment 5111

This was a year ago ...

View attachment 5112
Mark my word. We will pay for this in July and August !

Back