• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern April Showers

I wonder how this spring will end up ranking among the coolest on record, of course, unless the pattern changes to a warmer pattern soon enough for that not to be an issue.

Well I have a feeling I lost all my tomato plants. It got down to 28° this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29.7 foliage killing degrees this morning! :mad::mad::(

Well I have a feeling I lost all my tomato plants. It got down to 28° this morning.
If you didn’t cover them, they gone!
I think 32-33 would have done it, they are extremely cold sensitive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they are toast! Hopefully it wasn’t a lot of them!

What a swing in temps today. Crazy spring. This is like the opposite of 85 on Christmas.

EA830340-EAEB-408C-A9F1-4B7D1613F56C.png

Bottomed out at 29 this morning. Glad I held off on getting the maters out.

This morning's lows were the coldest since 3/22 at KATL, 3/23 at KCHS, KCAE & KSAV, & 3/24 at KGNV.

At KSAV, there were only 4 Feb 2018 lows colder than today's low (2/1-3 & 2/6) and 2 of those 4 were only 1 colder.

Gawx and Webb. Yall ready to officially say we will have elnino? Maybe you've publicly declared or are still waiting. Curious about each of your thoughts as things stand now. I'm guessing it's a sure thing, but I'm not nearly schooled enough to be guessing, chiming in on la nina and elnino LR forecast. Thanks in advance

Gawx and Webb. Yall ready to officially say we will have elnino? Maybe you've publicly declared or are still waiting. Curious about each of your thoughts as things stand now. I'm guessing it's a sure thing, but I'm not nearly schooled enough to be guessing, chiming in on la nina and elnino LR forecast. Thanks in advance

I'm hoping for El Niño, but I'm not even close to trying to forecast that. Besides still not being past the spring ENSO forecast barrier: After my forecast debacle last year calling for a weak to moderate El Niño as late as early July, I'm not about to make a prediction for ENSO for this season in April.

I said this on July 5th:

"Conclusion: El Niño this year is becoming an increasing possibility and a good possibility at that based on ENSO since 1950."

Here's the link: http://southernwx.com/community/threads/enso-updates.146/page-5#post-33032

Last edited:
Back