• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern April Showers

temps still dropping here... 37, at 10 am. Feels like a early winter front for sure.

Looking forward to an early Feblike day here today and night to follow. Back in Feb., we were getting Apr-Maylike wx. April 1-21+ will end up being cooler than Feb!

Edited

Last edited:
Looking forward to an early Feblike day here today and night to follow. Back in Feb., we were getting Apr-Maylike wx. April 1-21+ will end up being cooler than Feb!

Edited
Only 38 here and cloudy with the wind chill below freezing. Winter just won't end it seems. I think this is the end though. High of 53 today just isn't April.

The big trees are super slow to leaf out this year as a result.. I'm in the minority here, but loving this weather.. like it's been said before, we're in the South and we get 4-5 months of heat and humidity and that's enough for me. We haven't actually had an official freeze here this April either, think the lowest recorded has been 34. Tonight might be close to that as well. But I do love extremes.. back in late June 2012, I was actually rooting for the temp to hit 110 here.. but we only hit 107 two days in a row. Some of those computer generated forecasts on wunderground had us going as high as 111.

Also, I have to admit, I thought the ICON was off its rocker showing snow shower activity over North Ga a few days ago.. turns out it was close to actual. Es tut mir Leid, ICON.

Special Weather Statement
National Weather Service Peachtree City GA
1032 AM EDT Mon Apr 16 2018

GAZ001>009-011-013>016-161730-
Dade-Walker-Catoosa-Whitfield-Murray-Fannin-Gilmer-Union-Towns-
Chattooga-Pickens-Dawson-Lumpkin-White-
1032 AM EDT Mon Apr 16 2018

...LIGHT SNOW SHOWERS OR FLURRIES IN FAR NORTH GEORGIA LATE THIS
MORNING...

Some lingering moisture with an upper disturbance is resulting in
some light snow shower or flurry development for a portion of far
north Georgia this morning. A light dusting is possible especially
in the higher elevations along and north of a line from
Summerville to Jasper to Cleveland. This should taper off by early
afternoon. There could be a few minor slick spots especially on
any elevated surfaces.
FFC issued a Special Weather Statement about the snow flurries in North Georgia.

38 degrees at noon here in Chattanooga.. pretty remarkable.. if enough sunshine comes out in the afternoon, I guess we could make our forecast high of 50. April sun and all.....

still in the upper 30s at almost 2 o'clock in the afternoon, April 16, 2018. Gotta be a record of some kind..... clouds hanging on keeping the temps down down down.

still in the upper 30s at almost 2 o'clock in the afternoon, April 16, 2018. Gotta be a record of some kind..... clouds hanging on keeping the temps down down down.

Based on Chat. hourlies since midnight, the high could turn out to be as low as 42 if it doesn't rise back above there this afternoon. The lowest high on record there for 4/16 (back to 1879) is 48.

Plenty of rain coming for areas that need it in South Carolina and Georgia this upcoming Weekend.

Attachments

• B3071C49-CBBF-4474-BAE4-37DC675B0C52.jpeg
    B3071C49-CBBF-4474-BAE4-37DC675B0C52.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
Based on Chat. hourlies since midnight, the high could turn out to be as low as 42 if it doesn't rise back above there this afternoon. The lowest high on record there for 4/16 (back to 1879) is 48.
yeah, I forgot about the midnight deal with that..... sunset at 8 pm this time of year, so even if sun breaks out, I think we still have a shot for the daily min max....

Back