• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern April Showers

I am going to go stock up on canned tomatoes.

Chilly air, regardless, coming storm or not

I can't believe I am here on April 2nd looking at a possible wintry weather event in April. Crazy. It's near 80 today but forecast low by Wednesday night is 35. How funny would it be if our two biggest storms of winter both happen in a different season? lol! December storm in fall and a spring storm in april. Not likely, but sure would be the strangest thing I have seen in a while!

Doesn't look like we get anywhere close to the 80s though after tomorrow for a while regardless.

Looks like it did increase a tick though from mby but definitely a Virginia Centric hit as you mentioned.

I was going to say that the 12Z EPS mean shifted south 50-100 miles vs the 0Z EPS mean. So, it is better for most of NC/TN vs the 0Z EPS.

I may be wrong, but just briefly glancing at this, we might have another north adjustment.

Edit: Yep, North again. It appears my work here is done. But it shows that my "IFS" joke that I made to my parents really is true. From north FL all the way to Tennessee?? In a day?

The Happy Hour GFS maps are definitely not making me happy. I'm still going to give it through the 0Z GFS before completely losing my excitement. Besides, we here at SouthernWx are allowed to toss the 18Z whenever we feel like it. ;)

The Happy Hour GFS maps are definitely not making me happy. I'm still going to give it through the 0Z GFS before completely losing my excitement. Besides, we here at SouthernWx are allowed to toss the 18Z whenever we feel like it. ;)
Yep, we toss! The Euro looked good so why even take this run?

I swear to goodness (this is OT), I'll try to use what appears to be psychic powers for good in the long haul. Like if there's a good winter storm on the models I'll just keep my mouth shut instead of talking about it to my parents as every time I have, it's gone poof. One of the few times I didn't say anything to my parents about what the models said during the winter, we had a couple hours of moderate snow (that didn't accumulate because of temp issues).

Or if there's a hurricane threat, I'll tell my parents all about it.

Back