• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Ah-choo April Discussion

12z gfs crushes NC through Monday
0318da9be4dc3b2b3cd6f55b28545f0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 12z GFS is back to the north a little with the front on Sunday. The NAM stayed the same and I'm going with it and saying that the area north of Atlanta GA to near Myrtle Beach SC is wedged in on Sunday. Sunday temps around 53-56 at GSP.

Oh boy it's getting ugly now. The drought area is almost left out of any rain on the 12z GFS this weekend and I don't think it is done going north yet. We may as well prepare for a very dry late spring and a very dry and hot summer. An entire summer like August of 2007. Due to the scattered nature of the precip now, some of us may be about to go 1-2 months, or even longer, without a single drop of rain from here on out.

Oh boy it's getting ugly now. The drought area is almost left out of any rain on the 12z GFS this weekend and I don't think it is done going north yet. We may as well prepare for a very dry late spring and a very dry and hot summer. An entire summer like August of 2007. Due to the scattered nature of the precip now, some of us may be about to go 1-2 months, or even longer, without a single drop of rain from here on out.

This is a ludicrous statement about going over two months without rain IMO . It's April one of your driest months

SC rainfall only goes up each month from here on out . In fact June ,July and August are the wettest months with April being one of the driest
509ea9e422d6a5287fc0a40596bcdd40.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't be shocked to see a few storms roll off the Apps and try to make it to our area this evening
An early start to the apocalyptic flooding!??

This is a ludicrous statement about going over two months without rain IMO . It's April one of your driest months

SC rainfall only goes up each month from here on out . In fact June ,July and August are the wettest months with April being one of the driest

Yep!

Speaking of Luda, anybody see Fast 8 yet?? It's a good flick! And about as realistic as our chance of an inch of rain this weekend ! :(

Gotta love frustration-based weather predictions.

The SER next week looks fierce. Thankfully breaks down after though (we hope!)

agreed that is one monster ridge but it looks like it might be just far enough offshore that it aids in getting gulf moisture northward versus sitting over top of the region and baking

I'll take the over an inch for central NC by Monday .

Take that for data

Looks like the weekend rain wont amount to much for central AL....then were looking at another 7 to 10 without a drop. We may very well push the 30 day mark in Spring. Welcome to the new summer...April to November

NAM cuts out baby off over Georgia this weekend . Would be a great thing for many

Back