• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know why but it seems like its worse than it used to be. Seems like its gotten a lot worse the last month.
It's because it's winter. I'm sure you could figure the rest out. I think that once we clear the bad apples or treat them, we will be a much better community and not one in which members feel like they can be attacked.

I dont know why but it seems like its worse than it used to be. Seems like its gotten a lot worse the last month.
Like FS said it's winter, traffic is up hundreds of different personalities meshing together problems are bound to crop up. I understand the emotional connection to bad model runs and fails but I don't understand the constant whining and trolling. At the end of the day we are here for a hobby and passion that we love, but we can't control it. Bastardi is 100% correct when he says "enjoy the weather, it's the only weather you get".

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Going forward obvious trolling and snarky comments toward other members with no rationale will not be tolerated. I'm honestly fed up with it. If you have a problem with someone's posts put them on ignore. If you don't agree give a logical reason or ask why. Making off the cuff smart ass comments accomplishes nothing. I've been the most lenient staff member regarding banter and off topic chatter and I'm tired of standing up for people behind the scenes. The ban hammer is real and not that far away

No disrespect, but I have seen admins and moderators make quite a few smart ass remarks. I know I'm not the only one to notice either. Just throwing that out there, seems like it should apply to all people or the wrong message will be relayed to the new people on the thread.

No disrespect, but I have seen admins and moderators make quite a few smart ass remarks. I know I'm not the only one to notice either. Just throwing that out there, seems like it should apply to all people or the wrong message will be relayed to the new people on the thread.
No disrespect at all and I've been guilty myself. Moving forward we will attempt to limit that

Crazy tracking an event with potential of up to .10 QPF LoL. Minimal accumulations expected but arctic air mass involved and accretion aspect of this could cause high level impact. Gotta love winner in the South

That being said the lack of state or local resources to deal with any snow compounds the issue

Feeling super deprived of a moderate winter event here in the Midlands of SC. It's been since Feb. 2014. Late January will mark 4 years since I've got to say my county is under a winter storm warning... sigh...

Feeling super deprived of a moderate winter event here in the Midlands of SC. It's been since Feb. 2014. Late January will mark 4 years since I've got to say my county is under a winter storm warning... sigh...

It's only January. February is climo favored for that area.

Was before the NAM, lol! But from WxSouth.

Crazy tracking an event with potential of up to .10 QPF LoL. Minimal accumulations expected but arctic air mass involved and accretion aspect of this could cause high level impact. Gotta love winner in the South

That being said the lack of state or local resources to deal with any snow compounds the issue
I wouldnt think it would be a big deal with such small snow accumulations unless there is ice involved. Driving on an inch or two of snow is a piece of cake. The problem is some idiots drive way too fast which causes problems for others.

CAE sums it up great:

.LONG TERM /TUESDAY THROUGH SATURDAY/...
Upper trough over the eastern CONUS to be reinforced by strong
embedded energy digging southeastward into the region
Wednesday. Surface boundary to push through Tuesday night into
Wednesday. Models continue to indicate limited moisture with
strong upper lift. The 12z model guidance continues to indicate
the chance for some precipitation...although they are trending
slightly drier than yesterday.

Some inherent uncertainty this far out, and some model
differences in play. This pattern does not fit the conceptual
model of what would typically bring significant snow to our
forecast area.
Thermal profiles and local tools indicate if any
precipitation occurs, it could be a combination of rain, snow
or mix thereof at times. We`re still not expecting significant
accumulation or impacts. Used WPC guidance for POPs, providing
slight chance to low chance for measurable precipitation. Will
continue to monitor later model runs and make adjustments to the
forecast as needed if/when confidence warrants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back