• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At exactly 2:30 this afternoon, everyone on here needs to go outside and aggressively and forcibly exhale; that simultaneous, concentrated and collective burst of warm air and moisture might rise to the heavens, lead to a SSW event and then ...
o_O

At exactly 2:30 this afternoon, everyone on here needs to go outside and aggressively and forcibly exhale; that simultaneous, concentrated and collective burst of warm air and moisture might rise to the heavens lead to a SSW event and then ...
o_O
Or just take 5 away from the keyboard

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This had marginal written on it from the get go, clipper type with some tail end development. Hard for a Gulf tap when the H5 trough cuts through the TN Valley. I would keep an eye on the 23-24th and more importantly the 29th for a big EC event. Guidance is wanting to take the MJO in to the circle of death in the next 7-10 days followed by what looks to be some amplitude in to phase 7 towards the end of the month. A true January thaw seems unlikely, and with a good look as we head in to Feb this should go down as one of the colder winters in recent memory. Wonder if the Sun has anything to do with it.

And like I said, us amateurs don't worry about a pattern lol... Winter beat threads are about looking for storms, not that for us. Why I wanted to wait.

Again, the thread was made so people wanting to read about the pattern/overview of January could in the main January thread. The glorified clipper of doom thread was created because the talk of it dominated the thread.

It has nothing to do with early thread creation, jinxes, or whatever.

Soo I got into a heated exchange with stormtracker from American and I think I'm about to be banned lol

He's a cool dude; I highly doubt he's going to ban you unless you do something detrimental to the website.

Again, the thread was made so people wanting to read about the pattern/overview of January could in the main January thread. The glorified clipper of doom thread was created because the talk of it dominated the thread.

It has nothing to do with early thread creation, jinxes, or whatever.
Yes it does. When this thread hit the interwebs an immediate ripple went to the models which went into the future and caused the pattern to change to a failure. Geez it's simple

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Definitely no reason whatsoever to start storm threads before 48 hours prior to impacts in the western SE areas like Louisiana and Arkansas. Our NWP just isn't good enough (well, really our data collection to feed the NWP isn't good enough)

ETA: I understand the point of storm threads is to separate the conversation. What I'm really saying is that we all have to calm down and chill until we get to 48 hours out.

19th and 28th are money on the GFS! Somebody start the threads! They can't miss

Anyone on here from Hawaii? I bet that ballistic missile drill/snafu was creepy!

Yea, that was messed up.

Well, lets hope they get off the "omg you messed up!" and learn from it. Learning from how fast people reacted, how fast they believed the message, etc. It can be a learning experience to improve the system, imo. Literally, they just accidentally did a real world test of the defense warning system; which isn't totally bad..

That's not even interesting to experience. Not at all. Nope. That or it being deep in the negative. Would I like to see more snow than I do (anywhere I go)? Yep. Would I like to see absolute extremes? No.

Truthfully, it being very dry bothers me a lot more than cold outside of 1 thing that I'll start doing next week.
I was talking about snow climo versus cold air. Average snow here is about 2 inches, and we have had 4 times that amount.

This was what people’s phones was saying.
20491bb6d47457bf6fc7371a1236fc13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure Dave Tolleris put out the HI alert, he has been doing this crap for snow in the MA for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back