• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I mean can Mets and wannabes be warned and timed out? I mean we get it, could be a mix, could be snow, jeeez!
I would think the scholars would know better than to nitpick temp profiles 120 hours out. Smh

Im not sure what this issue is. I have enjoyed reading the different opinions. In fact some people that are bitching about it could learn if they would actually read it. I think it's a great discussion . How horrible would it be if everyone agreed on everything .

Im not sure what this issue is. I have enjoyed reading the different opinions. In fact some people that are bitching about it could learn if they would actually read it. I think it's a great discussion . How horrible would it be if everyone agreed on everything .
THIS!!! It’s a forum open for discussion, some of y’all wants this place to be silent! Like damn if you don’t like the post you don’t have to read it!

Yeah, I mean can Mets and wannabes be warned and timed out? I mean we get it, could be a mix, could be snow, jeeez!

I would think the scholars would know better than to nitpick temp profiles 120 hours out. Smh

giphy.gif

I agree. Nothing is wrong in the main thread. The discussion isn't getting out of hand and we see some potential that at least some of us can get excited a bit about.

THIS!!! It’s a forum open for discussion, some of y’all wants this place to be silent! Like damn if you don’t like the post you don’t have to read it!

I come here to learn, and to share what little bit of knowledge I have, when appropriate.
I don't come here to get microcosmic/microscopic IMBY wishcasts, or to read personal attacks. There's a place I can go for that: https://www.americanwx.com/bb/forum/13-southeastern-states/
Please maintain the integrity that so many went into establishing here.
Catch y'all on the better side!
Goodnight and
Best!
Phil

I come here to learn, and to share what little bit of knowledge I have, when appropriate.
I don't come here to get microcosmic/microscopic IMBY wishcasts, or to read personal attacks. There's a place I can go for that: https://www.americanwx.com/bb/forum/13-southeastern-states/
Goodnight and
Best!
Phil
Lmao! Screw americanwx!!!

I actually like it when someone disagrees with my analysis. It makes me go back and reanalyze to ensure I haven't missed something. That's also how it works in the operational world. I witnessed several shift changes where the two forecasters didn't agree, and even as an intern I made one mad (she actually wrote the long term today lol) because I didn't agree with her. I've even seen two lead forecasters "go at it" by adding snow and then the next one take over for them and remove it on the night shift only to have the other add it back. That went on for about two days before it finally snowed and the one that was pro-snow had to issue winter storm warnings less than 6 hours before Chatham county got 8" of snow.

accum.2010302.gif

P.S. I lived right beside RDU at the time and I got shafted hugely. I was all over this storm and then to see it treat me that way was really, really disappointing.
Disagreeing is one thing ... being disagreeable (or self centered) is an entirely different beast ...

Goodnight and
Best!
Phil

Could not have said it better thanks Phil :)

Steve

Guess we won't have to dissect ptypes , with 0 precip! :(

You can squash a storm with too much northern stream. However a squashed storm and a storm suppressed too far south are two different things. For instance we may end up with too much northern stream and not enough separation and have no system and still trend the trough weaker and thus farther northwest.

I actually like it when someone disagrees with my analysis. It makes me go back and reanalyze to ensure I haven't missed something. That's also how it works in the operational world. I witnessed several shift changes where the two forecasters didn't agree, and even as an intern I made one mad (she actually wrote the long term today lol) because I didn't agree with her. I've even seen two lead forecasters "go at it" by adding snow and then the next one take over for them and remove it on the night shift only to have the other add it back. That went on for about two days before it finally snowed and the one that was pro-snow had to issue winter storm warnings less than 6 hours before Chatham county got 8" of snow.

accum.2010302.gif

P.S. I lived right beside RDU at the time and I got shafted hugely. I was all over this storm and then to see it treat me that way was really, really disappointing.
Not this system. Ugh I was geared up to get smashed and watched that band set up south of wake county. Sulked while the flurries fell

I do actually remember a few times where the night shift and day shift at RAH have had totally different thoughts and reflected so in the forecast/afd.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back