• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I've seen the correlations with the NAO to the phase of the AMO. In my experience, just anecdotally speaking only, many correlations work for a while and then change. Has the NAO always been highly correlated with the AMO phase? How far back can we see data showing the existence of that correlation? Has it always been that way or has it deviated for periods (like the current period) in the past?

They tried to change Cam from run fist to a pocket oriented pass first qb. That seems to have created a lot of inconsistency with him. He will never be a great qb in terms of his accuracy or ability to "see the field". If you notice, a lot of his passes get released late, but he makes up for it with arm strength. They should turn him loose and let him run all he wants. That is his strength. Now, it might be too late. He's taken a lot of big hits, and I'm not sure he can continue to absorb that kind of punishment. But he's never going to be a great pocket passer either. idk
Yeah, he is better when they let him loose, but like you said I'm not sure how much longer he can continue to do that. I'm not sure he's the one to get them a title. He's been really inconsistent the last two seasons passing, and if he's not going to be able to run, it kind of is pointless to have him as the QB.

Yeah, he is better when they let him loose, but like you said I'm not sure how much longer he can continue to do that. I'm not sure he's the one to get them a title. He's been really inconsistent the last two seasons passing, and if he's not going to be able to run, it kind of is pointless to have him as the QB.
Yeah, I agree.

Went to a really cool presentation on how the PNA has varied since the the last glacial maximum and how it would change if we quadrupled atmospheric CO2 from its present value. Interestingly, we seemed to lose the PNA pattern altogether during the last glacial maximum with a more persistent mean ridge in the means (likely unfavorable to easterly propagation of circulation anomalies that's integral to the PNA) & the mid latitude jet stream was stronger and displaced further south with a dual jet structure possibly evident over western North America. The PNA apparently didn't change much when the climate warmed a lot although the precipitation correlations became more robust (which is consistent with the notion that warmer air is capable of holding and depositing more moisture). Certainly was intrigued by how one of our major modes of weather and climate variability changed in response to the background climate.

Do you ever have days where you just want to say F this I'm out. I'm currently at said point.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Happens during just about every single NC State game I watch. :(

Georgia got too conservative in the 4th and was playing not to lose instead of playing to win. I'd rather lose trying to go for the knockout blow than to just try to run the clock out and hold on to win. Rough year for Georgia fans with the Falcons losing the Super Bowl the way they did, and now Alabama coming back to beat the Bulldogs. Maybe the Falcons can get back and win the Super Bowl this time.

The funny thing is if the Falcons had the gameplan that Georgia had, the Falcons have a Super Bowl ring. They had what would be a game winning FG right there if yardage isn't lost and then...Ryan is sacked and there is a penalty.

I already know the Falcons won't make up for last year, very likely the Falcons get shut out on offense in Philadelphia this weekend and I know Georgia definitely will not be back next season. There is no new staff, new attitude, new way, it's the same old the Georgia way in sports for every team.

Georgia will have another one of their best teams in 2019 but will have an absolute 0% chance at Alabama with Tua being a Heisman Trophy winner that year. None. None at all.

Do you ever have days where you just want to say F this I'm out. I'm currently at said point.

Like telling your management team you're tired of hearing we need to work as a team and asking for specifics, and doing it on a group call..

Work

Work must suck for a lot of us.... I've not been stuck in Geenville for over 3 months by choice but I'll leave that alone. Knowing who I work for big brother probably monitoring my every word

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The funny thing is if the Falcons had the gameplan that Georgia had, the Falcons have a Super Bowl ring. They had what would be a game winning FG right there if yardage isn't lost and then...Ryan is sacked and there is a penalty.

I already know the Falcons won't make up for last year, very likely the Falcons get shut out on offense in Philadelphia this weekend and I know Georgia definitely will not be back next season. There is no new staff, new attitude, new way, it's the same old the Georgia way in sports for every team.

Georgia will have another one of their best teams in 2019 but will have an absolute 0% chance at Alabama with Tua being a Heisman Trophy winner that year. None. None at all.

While the Hawaiian looked great last night, we have to remember UGA had no meaningful film on him. He completely changed the dynamic of the game and UGA was definitely not prepared for an air attack in the second half. If SEC coaches have weeks to prepare to face him he will likely have more defensive resistance.

But then again we are talking about Nick Saban, which means he and staff could potentially coach him to a Heisman. Time will tell. Still a dawg til I die.

Panthers have a problem developing talent once they get it... maybe it is a QB coach and OC issue to a degree. But management has made some bonehead decisions letting players go over the years too. Time to rebuild completely I guess, I don't see us competing for titles in the near future until things settle down

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Panthers rely on Cam to get it done himself; It is sad really. Olsen looks like a beat up old man, since he is the only true target Cam has to throw to. Since, you know, Panthers decide to trade/not renew contracts on star receivers based on age alone, but then bring in old defenders to have one more run. (not a shot at peppers, hes great, but still!)

I am hoping the Panthers will draft Hayden Hurst from South Carolina, as he's easily a top 3 Tight End who I have watched be an amazing player with strong work ethic, and has the makeup and playstyle a lot like Olsen. Must get that man some help!

Also, Hurst knows how to flat out block. Straight up, all star player and wherever he goes, will be very happy with him. Lets hope it is the Panthers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back