• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!! What a crazy game! And I would not have been upset if the Dawgs had won.
I do think that Hurts may not be the first string QB after tonight!

If Georgia ever goes, Georgia will lose. All Georgia sports does is choke choke choke choke and choke. It doesn't matter the coaches, it doesn't matter the talent, number of highly rated recruits or stars. It will always FAIL in Georgia.
Unfortunately we've had years of practice starting back when the Braves couldn't get it done. Just like my Capitals, its semi-painful...

That freshman has a better arm. And a bit more mobile, IMHO. He’s a dual threat and can finish drives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The blown call on the punt block was huge. If anything it was a false start and not offsides. Then the missed face mask that would have given Georgia a first down at mid field. Then the absolute pathetic back to back funky wildcat formation calls. Georgia lost their aggressiveness and became predictable, that ultimately cost them the game
This is exactly right. Sure Bama changed up their strategy, and it was effective. But UGA didn’t alter their offensive strategy at all. It’s quite astounding that they don’t have any quick slants or bubble screens in their package. They’ve got plenty of 12 step drop-back sacks and wild dog TFLs, though.

Georgia got too conservative in the 4th and was playing not to lose instead of playing to win. I'd rather lose trying to go for the knockout blow than to just try to run the clock out and hold on to win. Rough year for Georgia fans with the Falcons losing the Super Bowl the way they did, and now Alabama coming back to beat the Bulldogs. Maybe the Falcons can get back and win the Super Bowl this time.

When you go into the January thread ands it's like a comic-con nerd fight in there, it's time to get out quickly! :)

Georgia got too conservative in the 4th and was playing not to lose instead of playing to win. I'd rather lose trying to go for the knockout blow than to just try to run the clock out and hold on to win. Rough year for Georgia fans with the Falcons losing the Super Bowl the way they did, and now Alabama coming back to beat the Bulldogs. Maybe the Falcons can get back and win the Super Bowl this time.
If Georgia was playing not to lose, it didn't go well for them !

Yeah that happens all too often. I hate it. I was pulling for Georgia, but I didn’t really have a dawg in the hunt. I yell at the tv when I see teams playing not to lose.

Anyone but the Patriots.
Patriots are like Alabama to me. I don’t hate either team, but they win all the time and it’s nice to see some other teams win. Makes things more interesting.

Patriots are like Alabama to me. I don’t hate either team, but they win all the time and it’s nice to see some other teams win. Makes things more interesting.
Patriots are the dook basketball of the NFL. Belichick=K. Brady=Laetner. Grock and Edleman=Allen, Reddick, Collins, Wojo, and Hurley.

Last edited by a moderator:
It just baffles me when teams play nearly an entire game and are in position to win against the Alabama’s and the Patriots and they don’t finish the game. They go conservative and play that crap not to lose style of ball. Granted Alabama and the Patriots are good, but if you have you foot on their throat, finish them off.

If Georgia ever goes, Georgia will lose. All Georgia sports does is choke choke choke choke and choke. It doesn't matter the coaches, it doesn't matter the talent, number of highly rated recruits or stars. It will always FAIL in Georgia.
They got further than they did with Richt. He was a good example of wasting talent not Smart.

UGA had no answer for the flying Hawaiin. 20 points should have won that game. Jalen Hurts wasn't going to score 3 TD's. Nick Saban won that game for Alabama. That's why he's the GOAT

It just baffles me when teams play nearly an entire game and are in position to win against the Alabama’s and the Patriots and they don’t finish the game. They go conservative and play that crap not to lose style of ball. Granted Alabama and the Patriots are good, but if you have you foot on their throat, finish them off.
It baffles me how many of these really big games feature a substantial discrepancy in the score during early portions of the game, yet they curiously end up going down to the wire.

Everyone getting snow and sitting here -16 through the first week of January with my 1/8th of an inch extremely salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back