• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing a total of about 30" of snow this winter, I think I have had my fill of snow. Ready for 60s and sunshine and baseball.
This is why I'd love living in an area such as yours. Because I'd actually look somewhat forward to summer. It still gets hot enough though that by the time fall approaches you'd be excited for winter. You really are living in one of the best areas on the forum as far as weather goes.

Starting to think I might enjoy tracking severe weather more than winter weather. Past 2 years really have enjoyed tracking it, ready to see what this spring has for the SE.

15 minutes worth of parking lot clearing and you end up with this
3bc3db9f773dd91d7dd673b178f25510.jpg
152a1889383513ddff1c4491ecac4702.jpg

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Starting to think I might enjoy tracking severe weather more than winter weather. Past 2 years really have enjoyed tracking it, ready to see what this spring has for the SE.
Sounds like a great idea really! I mean, in the SE the average person sees maybe 50-75 T storms a year. If only 10% of those were severe, you could see 5-7 + severe events in your backyard. And a lot more if you had say a 100 mike chase radius. I’d like to be out in the more than just staring at a radar screen trying to watch a storm go severe in KS, lets say!

15 minutes worth of parking lot clearing and you end up with this
3bc3db9f773dd91d7dd673b178f25510.jpg
152a1889383513ddff1c4491ecac4702.jpg

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
Boston’s forecast is like 3-6” inches now, was 12-18” this morning! I know they don’t care, but that’s an epic bust! Most of the MA thread is griping about their 3-6” lol! Winning

Well my winter shut down like 2 months ago in January, it's been super warm so any last minute cold I can get , I'll enjoy it.

A random question I just thought of, what is the lowest amount of snow a blizzard warning has been issued for? Theoretically, a blizzard warning can be issued for no accumulations at all since its based on wind and visibility.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure by next month or so, we all will be screaming for more cold when those 90s starts showing up.
90s in April ? LOL. You have to go to TX for that kind of heat. We are still a good 2 months away from when Atlanta starts getting its first 90 degree heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back