• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
90s in April ? LOL. You have to go to TX for that kind of heat. We are still a good 2 months away from when Atlanta starts getting its first 90 degree heat.
I have seen 90 in April in Atlanta before. Can't remember which year but it was quite unusual.

That late March sun angle is incredible. Even with temps in the 30s the snow is melting like crazy.
So you didn't answer if you are going to change the SER name and replace it with sun angle? If you were to look at all your posts on the sun angle I bet they out number the ones on the SER!

So you didn't answer if you are going to change the SER name and replace it with sun angle? If you were to look at all your posts on the sun angle I bet they out number the ones on the SER!
I havent posted about the SER lately because ive been in Indiana. Once i come back south you will see plenty of SER posts !

A random question I just thought of, what is the lowest amount of snow a blizzard warning has been issued for? Theoretically, a blizzard warning can be issued for no accumulations at all since its based on wind and visibility.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
I think you answered your own question. There could be no storm at all but say 3 or 4 inches was on the ground already and some heavy winds came in blowing all the snow around. You'd then have a blizzard warning if the winds lasted long enough.

I think you answered your own question. There could be no storm at all but say 3 or 4 inches was on the ground already and some heavy winds came in blowing all the snow around. You'd then have a blizzard warning if the winds lasted long enough.
Yeah but I was asking in terms of what has actually happened. I imagine if I dug deep enough I would find a case where a situation like what you described happened.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

The earliest 90 degree reading in Atlanta looks like April 23rd. It reached 91 degrees in 1980 on April 23rd.
Pretty sure it was a lot more recent than 1980. I was thinking it could of been within 10-15 years.

NAM gives me a solid 10". But I don't expect half that. I'm hoping for 2-4". NAM is further north than the last run.

Really enjoying the info about what's happening and may happen up the road a piece; as for down here, my disdain for PBP, IMBY posts persists, so here's hoping that I persevere in that aversion and as a result that you are not inundated with local Southern Command fire reports and then 'Cane crap for the next 6 months ... especially the latter ...

Last edited:
I think 2003 was the best summer ever for people who hate heat in Atlanta. It was only in the 90s on 7 days that summer, and the hottest it got was 91 !

I'm pretty sure that Macon, GA had a 90 degree reading one year during the first week of March. Outside of the northern parts of the state, the rest of Georgia easily has the possibility to hit 90 before the beginning of May.

Its funny to me reading the posts about another potential snow threat in early April saying "I'm ready for the heat dome!" Nah, bring on the cold. Still haven't gotten my storm for the winter. I'll take a spring storm.

Just read that the weather channel was sold!!!! Maybe it will go back to being weather coverage now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back