• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's now living in an area that's just south of good to great LES... he can complain for many many years to come.. lol

Doesn't it seem like so often, EVERY TV station goes on commercial break at the same time? "Jumping Charlie Brown"

he's now living in an area that's just south of good to great LES... he can complain for many many years to come.. lol
I won't be here many years to come lol. I'm here temporarily. And yeah this area gets LES but not that much. But anyway, the weather generally speaking in this area sucks. Not enough snow considering how cold it gets. The cold lasts way too long. The scenery isn't the best either, although I imagine it probably looks a lot like much of Texas.

Last edited:
Life Pro Tip: If your son or daughter wants to study abroad or go on a educational trip overseas. Stay as far away from EF as possible. My group leader and I went somewhere at Windsor castle and had trouble finding the meet up place for our two groups so we went to the buses and they left us.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

^Why is it that many more wx forum posters complain about their location's climate than say good things about it? With regard to snow, people much further north than the SE still complain a lot, if not more! That's why I think moving north would not be helpful to a lot of folks. Normals are much higher. It would take that much more snow to make many snow loving folks happy. Whereas 2" might make one happy in ATL, them getting ten times as much (20") could still disappoint them in NYC. And then 30" may still disappoint in Boston. When are they ever going to be consistently happy?

It's only about 50 today but that intense March sun makes it feel so much warmer. I love seeing the shadows from the house get smaller and smaller each and every day.

^Why is it that many more wx forum posters complain about their location's climate than say good things about it? With regard to snow, people much further north than the SE still complain a lot, if not more! That's why I think moving north would not be helpful to a lot of folks. Normals are much higher. It would take that much more snow to make many snow loving folks happy. Whereas 2" might make one happy in ATL, them getting ten times as much (20") could still disappoint them in NYC. And then 30" may still disappoint in Boston. When are they ever going to be consistently happy?
It would not matter to me where I lived as long as at least 2 inches of snow falls. I've had one 12 inch snow and lots of 4 and 5 inch snows over the years. But the most common is right around 2 inches when we get more then Fluries up here and that is plenty enough to make me happy. It's more then enough to make everything right I mean white. Lol

It would not matter to me where I lived as long as at least 2 inches of snow falls. I've had one 12 inch snow and lots of 4 and 5 inch snows over the years. But the most common is right around 2 inches when we get more then Fluries up here and that is plenty enough to make me happy. It's more then enough to make everything right I mean white. Lol

You're much more the exception than the rule imo.

I agree about 2". The most enjoyable part is the 1st 2". Anything else above that, while enjoyable, isn't nearly as significant from an adding beauty standpoint though it adds to staying power for those who like their snow-cover to last longer.

But how much prettier is, say, 12" than 2'? Serious question to snow lovers. I know you the most possible, of course.

I won't be here many years to come lol. I'm here temporarily. And yeah this area gets LES but not that much. But anyway, the weather generally speaking in this area sucks. Not enough snow considering how cold it gets. The cold lasts way too long. The scenery isn't the best either, although I imagine it probably looks a lot like much of Texas.
I've been through Texas and Indiana and they look nothing alike. The landscape starts to change from flat and rolling grass hills to lots of trees once you start getting mid way through Arkansas when going east. It actually was really hard getting use to no mountains and nothing but trees when I first moved here from San Diego. I felt like I was trapped between a wall of trees back then. Now I love it though and my house is basically in a forest. I could never go back to city living now.

You're much more the exception than the rule imo.

I agree about 2". The most enjoyable part is the 1st 2". Anything else above that, while enjoyable, isn't nearly as significant from an adding beauty standpoint though it adds to staying power for those who like their snow-cover to last longer.

But how much prettier is, say, 12" than 2'? Serious question to snow lovers. I know you the most possible, of course.
I'd definitely say 12 is prettier then 2. But once you start getting to 4-5 inches of snow I really don't think it matters much as far as scenery goes compared to 12. As I said before though 2 inches is enough to make me as giddy as a school boy on Christmas morning.
Honestly if I was just as far north as even Louisville I'd probably never complain about how much snow fell each season. The difference of snowfall from here to there since I've lived here has been pretty significant. Many many times I've had a 33-35 degree cold rain while Louisville was getting a 6 plus inch snowstorm.

Honestly snow is overrated. Yeah it's very exciting when you live in a place that rarely gets snow. But if you are in a place that gets many snow events per year, it's just not as fun. There have been many one or two inch snows here this winter and after a while it just gets kinda old. After seeing so many small snows, eventually you either don't want to see snow at all or you want to see a big snow because a small snow event just doesnt satisfy you. It's just kind of annoying the amount of cold air we've had here this winter and yet the biggest snow was like 3-4". Meanwhile, Georgia had a foot in some areas.

I've been through Texas and Indiana and they look nothing alike. The landscape starts to change from flat and rolling grass hills to lots of trees once you start getting mid way through Arkansas when going east. It actually was really hard getting use to no mountains and nothing but trees when I first moved here from San Diego. I felt like I was trapped between a wall of trees back then. Now I love it though and my house is basically in a forest. I could never go back to city living now.
It probably depends on what part of Texas you are in as Texas has many different landscapes being such an enormous state.

If the 12z Euro verifies here next Tuesday into Wednesday I'll give up a testicle
da39ac4a56e6fc5e140cc70793b65bfd.jpg

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Absolutely perfect weather today. Mid to upper 60’s with a steady WSW wind. My house sits out on a farm on top of a hill and we wind just never stops here

People keep saying tiger woods isn't relevant anymore .

Tiger woods is currently the odds on favorite to win the 2018 Masters

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back