• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao this is awesome. Currently on DC local news
8c16309bdbcd1c670b6da6fd5a365445.jpg

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Started the basketball league at work last night. I don't get why I play better at the pick-up games at the YMCA against better competition than I did last night. I think I get myself too worked up because it's a "real" game.

Anyone else wonder why someone like Bojangle's or Hardee's doesn't have an ad campaign using the song "Buttermilk Biscuits" by Sir-Mix-A-Lot? And why doesn't Golden Corral use the song "All You Can Eat" by the Fat Boys?

They keep lowering the temps here every day. May be lucky to get above 50 the next week.
Then why not go back to Georgia like you said you where going to? I'll take temps in the 50s or lower in march all day. It's 40 degrees here as of 1:41pm and I'm loving it. Unfortunately I'll be in the 60s tomorrow.

Wow. I cant believe there have been 10 winters where DC had less than 3.7".
It's not like they are super far north like Boston. I'm pretty sure their old yearly snow average was 15 inches when winters where much colder. Nashville's was 11 at that time so only a 4 inch difference and Nashville has had plenty of winters with less then 3 inches of snow. Nashville only averaged like 6.8'inches of snow the last 30 years so I imagine D.C. Has also went down from 15 inches a year.

It's not like they are super far north like Boston. I'm pretty sure their old yearly snow average was 15 inches when winters where much colder. Nashville's was 11 at that time so only a 4 inch difference and Nashville has had plenty of winters with less then 3 inches of snow. Nashville only averaged like 6.8'inches of snow the last 30 years so I imagine D.C. Has also went down from 15 inches a year.

https://www.weather.gov/media/lwx/climate/dcasnow.pdf

56 inches in 09-10 to 2 inches in 11-12 lol. Just having a bad couple of years but I'm sure they'll make up for it. They had 22 inches in 15-16 when most of us had zero

97-98 only had 0.1" in another super el nino

Then why not go back to Georgia like you said you where going to? I'll take temps in the 50s or lower in march all day. It's 40 degrees here as of 1:41pm and I'm loving it. Unfortunately I'll be in the 60s tomorrow.
Youre probably the only person ive ever talked to who says 60s is too warm.

Youre probably the only person ive ever talked to who says 60s is too warm.
I truly do love cold weather. Anything over the 50s starts to let the bugs come out. It's also all about the time of year. Now once we hit may I'll love temps in the 50s. And June - August I'll love temps in the 70s. But after mid November through mid march I don't like temps higher then the 50s. Obviously I need to move further north if I want to avoid those temps everyday for 4 months straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back