• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you think about it, it makes 100% logical sense for March to be colder than September no matter what you see with the sun angle. You've just finished winter. In September you've just finished summer.

When you think about it, it makes 100% logical sense for March to be colder than September no matter what you see with the sun angle. You've just finished winter. In September you've just finished summer.
Of course March should be colder than September, but highs in the 30s in Mid March with a high sun angle ? Thats ridiculous, especially with full sunshine. Avg high here is around 50 btw.

I truly do love cold weather. Anything over the 50s starts to let the bugs come out. It's also all about the time of year. Now once we hit may I'll love temps in the 50s. And June - August I'll love temps in the 70s. But after mid November through mid march I don't like temps higher then the 50s. Obviously I need to move further north if I want to avoid those temps everyday for 4 months straight.
You and Phil need to pack your bags, move to northern Alaska and be roommates.

Of course March should be colder than September, but highs in the 30s in Mid March with a high sun angle ? Thats ridiculous, especially with full sunshine. Avg high here is around 50 btw.

Lol do you remember you're in Indiana atm? Last winter was pretty much a non-winter and I had a 46 degree day...in Mid March... It'd be more abnormal in September simply because you're coming out of summer.

You and Phil need to pack your bags, move to northern Alaska and be roommates.
Cannot speak for anyone else, but I do enjoy the possibilities; hoping for a wintertime fluke, is, well, just me ...
Love where home is, and relish in the wonderment of a possible bit of frozen precip here occasionally (after all, I did my stint for 7 in South Bend and got more than anyone "deserves" there), but have you ever heard me ----- about not getting snow or sleet?
On the flip side, have you ever heard me not root for those who are?
Off the soap box ...

Lol do you remember you're in Indiana atm? Last winter was pretty much a non-winter and I had a 46 degree day...in Mid March... It'd be more abnormal in September simply because you're coming out of summer.
Sorry I still have a Georgia mindset. Maybe I shouldnt expect Georgia weather in Indiana.

Cannot speak for anyone else, but I do enjoy the possibilities; hoping for a wintertime fluke, is, well, just me ...
Love where home is, and relish in the wonderment of a possible bit of frozen precip here occasionally (after all, I did my stint for 7 in South Bend and got more than anyone "deserves" there), but have you ever heard me ----- about not getting snow or sleet?
On the flip side, have you ever heard me not root for those who are?
Off the soap box ...
Youre a good sport Phil.

Can someone tell the models that winter is over and that it's time for spring, and to stop making fantasy threats or even any threats in the medium range? I've called it a winter already and I don't want to go snow tracking anymore until December, unless something shows up in the short range then I won't mind...

Sorry I still have a Georgia mindset. Maybe I shouldnt expect Georgia weather in Indiana.

It's not just this thinking...it's the seemingly familiar posting of you saying "I wonder if Atlanta is done with freezes, back in February" in other warm winters. You'd hear the same thing, every time, in fact...funny thing is I was saying "Tonight is the last threat for a freeze for a while...who knows if we'll have another threat"...and my mom filled in with "around Easter will be the next time", just saying "that's always how that goes"...and I've always heard older folk in the family talk about "dogwood winters".

Doesn't matter if it's a warm winter, it usually never means the south is done with potential freezes that early as while this is not the plains, you don't have consistent weather.

Can someone tell the models that winter is over and that it's time for spring, and to stop making fantasy threats or even any threats in the medium range? I've called it a winter already and I don't want to go snow tracking anymore until December, unless something shows up in the short range then I won't mind...
That won't happen until Tax Day.

seriously. I've moved onto next winter lol

You live in Texas.. winters only last from mid Dec to mid Feb, unless you're in the Panhandle.

You live in Texas.. winters only last from mid Dec to mid Feb, unless you're in the Panhandle.

hey now the first winter I was here it snowed in March :p pretty sure March is snowier than December here

also the last time there was more than a light dusting

That pretty much describes the entire southern tier of the country.
Well, northern areas have interesting anomalies both before and after those dates.. Also between Dallas first and last freezes is considerably less time than Chattanooga's... Dallas (Nov 22, Mar 13)... Chattanooga(Nov 6th, Mar 27).

not sure about Dallas snow in Dec vs March.. there may be one or two storms skewing the averages, like the march 93 storm does for Chattanooga. I'd look at total snowfalls in a given month over say 2 or 3 inches, for a better comparative stat.

hey now the first winter I was here it snowed in March :p pretty sure March is snowier than December here

also the last time there was more than a light dusting
That is absolutely amazing that Dallas would get more snow in March than Dec considering it's been 48 years since DFW had a colder March than December.

That is absolutely amazing that Dallas would get more snow in March than Dec considering it's been 48 years since DFW had a colder March than December.

you really looked that up? lol

Eh they both suck for snow tbh, best month is definitely February. January isnt that great either (been 16 years since more than an inch fell) but then again Dallas isnt known for snow :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back