• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know not the south but since nothing is going on I'm curious if NYC does better with the snow this time... when I was there 2 1/2 weeks ago it struggled to accumulate outside the grass(was literally zero evidence on the concrete south of Central Park, I'm still shocked I went all of 18 blocks south and it went from a winter wonderland even on the streets to nothing but wet pavement) and was on the lower end of forecasts even where it did(as amazing as it was for me, but it was pretty meh by NYC standards) and the warmth has continued plus most of this is going to be during daylight unlike that

Last edited:
Please let this verify . Of course seeing as my flight leaves Sunday for Maryland I’m sure it will get delayed and I’ll miss everything
d69e5bf8b161d93bbde6df10cf286d2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please let this verify . Of course seeing as my flight leaves Sunday for Maryland I’m sure it will get delayed and I’ll miss everything
d69e5bf8b161d93bbde6df10cf286d2e.jpg

That's funny your flying to MD on Sunday. I am flying to Dulles on Sunday at 7pm. The UK is probably double this for snow output.

I am contemplating taking an earlier flight to witness this, assuming this hold through Saturday. Last time I had to travel to Northern VA for business during a potential event was for snowquester, which ended up being a big bust

That's funny your flying to MD on Sunday. I am flying to Dulles on Sunday at 7pm. The UK is probably double this for snow output.

I am contemplating taking an earlier flight to witness this, assuming this hold through Saturday. Last time I had to travel to Northern VA for business during a potential event was for snowquester, which ended up being a big bust

Awesome ! Yeah I’m scheduled to land BWI Sunday afternoon around 215 . My luck I’ll be stuck in the Atlanta airport for a day watching the storm from my phone and getting a different flight that gets in late Monday day under clear skies . Maybe I should look into flying out earlier as well. Lol . The things we do for snow

I imagine with forecast highs in the mid 40s in DC early next week any snow that does fall will be very slushy and not be a big impact on roads.

This is such a boring weather pattern. Day after day of highs in the 30s and 40s with no precip. Waste of cold air.

This is such a boring weather pattern. Day after day of highs in the 30s and 40s with no precip. Waste of cold air.

There's no such thing as wasted cold air from my perspective. Considering what we had in Feb, I'm appreciating every minute of the SE's version of this eastern US cold. Boring wx pattern? Give me this every day of the year and I'm a happy camper. I'll take boring (if you want to call it that) and very comfortable over nasty, sweaty, etc
Also, my highs are mainly 60s though 50s is predicted for tomorrow.

There's no such thing as wasted cold air from my perspective. Considering what we had in Feb, I'm appreciating every minute of the SE's version of this eastern US cold. Boring wx pattern? Give me this every day of the year and I'm a happy camper. I'll take boring (if you want to call it that) and very comfortable over nasty, sweaty, etc
I just want highs in the 60s and sunshine every day the rest of the year.

Yep to me there's no such thing as wasting cold air in march. I won't get out of the 40s for highs multiple times over the next few weeks and I'm loving it. The only time I feel like cold air is wasted is during a ice storm. It's so hard seeing the temp at 28-29 degrees with moderate rain knowing it would be 6-8 inches of snow if the 850s were colder.

Holy hell my 4 year old starts tee ball this week. They practice twice a week for 4 weeks and have games every Saturday during the PRE SEASON. They are four!!! Two practices a week ???

Take lots of pics and vids. It seems like eons ago when my 20yr old hit a walk off game winner in his last high school game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back