• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be honest. There are times in the summer when you wish you lived in San Diego.

San Diego averages just ONE day of summer with 90+! So, living in SD in summer would be quite nice. Average highs are only in the mid 70s with only 4-6 days on average of 80+ in each of Jul-Oct. There or CO would be a great place for a summer home.

The rates in NYC should be insane this afternoon. Looking forward to watching the web cams.

too bad theres a lot of melting going on... the city itself is going to bust I think

someone got struck by lightning in thundersnow in NJ though, legit

The MA forum is losing their big snowstorm on the 11th, to the south!! Way to go Storm 5

I still cant get over the fact that the biggest snow I saw all winter was in GA. The biggest snow here was like 3 or 4".

I still cant get over the fact that the biggest snow I saw all winter was in GA. The biggest snow here was like 3 or 4".

Lol I still can't believe if I hadn't gone to NYC I wouldnt have seen real snow this winter :p

and that it would even snow in NYC in the 5 days I was there during the warmest February ever :confused:

Last edited:
Some high res models have some precip across N GA and TN tomorrow. I don't expect anything in terms of flakes, seeing the soundings are too dry in the DGZ, though who knows. Probably going to be virga or a few pellets. They appear to potentially be convective in nature, having decent omega values.

Damn 00z gfs please for Maryland
1e9c4f6f64e2261db010ed84948aaac5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One quick thought for everyone

This forum beats out AmWx for the simple reason that amateurs feel comfortable posting their thoughts, which is why this is so active. The minute that comfort leaves, is the minute this forum dies.

You don’t need a meteorology degree to discuss specifics of a winter storm. This isn’t a metrology symposium where you’re presenting your poster on your thesis. This is a hobbyist weather forum.

One of the hardest things to do in the amateur weather world is going from lurking to posting. I lurked on southeastern for a year before posting for this reason.

I encourage everyone to post in the disco thread, if that means you’re open to criticism, so be it. That’s how you get better and it’s how you learn!

This forum beats out AmWx for the simple reason that amateurs feel comfortable posting their thoughts, which is why this is so active. The minute that comfort leaves, is the minute this forum dies.

You don’t need a meteorology degree to discuss specifics of a winter storm. This isn’t a metrology symposium where you’re presenting your poster on your thesis. This is a hobbyist weather forum.

One of the hardest things to do in the amateur weather world is going from lurking to posting. I lurked on southeastern for a year before posting for this reason.

I encourage everyone to post in the disco thread, if that means you’re open to criticism, so be it. That’s how you get better and it’s how you learn!

1000+, Jon.
Best!
Phil

Last edited:

Yay this means we are being successful in our mission. Thanks for posting this!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back