• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No cold or snow in sight and my stocks are getting rocked today

The Dow has already come up 800 points from the low of today! It was 1,600 down and now is only 800 down! So, some folks who went long just for today have made boatloads.

Nice analogy!

What likely intensified today's drop was algorithmic based selling: computers rather than people.
Sounds like a Sunday CPC model.
Actually, I think it's an overdue correction, since inflation has not been on anyone's radar (a good lesson on short-sightedness)

The Dow has already come up 800 points from the low of today! It was 1,600 down and now is only 800 down! So, some folks who went long just for today have made boatloads.
Haha yep and the overreacting has been priceless. It's not even down 10 percent off of last months high.

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

I agree this correction of the last few days has been overdue and probably healthy for the longer term assuming it doesn't continue for too much longer. I'm thinking it would become a pretty good buying opportunity (I don't just mean for a day trade) if it were to go down to near 22K.

It ended up back down to -1,175 though even that is over 400 off the day's low.

lmfao the MJO Phase 8 thing we had for a while in the February thread reminds me of "Voldemort" from a long time ago from when I was still lurking at the old board. That thing had what looked similar to a March 1993 redux for a while and then just went completely away from it. We were all doing happy dances because of Phase 8 and now it looks like we might only get it for a little while if at all.

Outside of the upper south I think we may be done and may get a typical Nina February after all.

Happy Hour says BOOK IT and winter uncancel!
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_38.png

lmfao the MJO Phase 8 thing we had for a while in the February thread reminds me of "Voldemort" from a long time ago from when I was still lurking at the old board. That thing had what looked similar to a March 1993 redux for a while and then just went completely away from it. We were all doing happy dances because of Phase 8 and now it looks like we might only get it for a little while if at all.

Outside of the upper south I think we may be done and may get a typical Nina February after all.

I can recheck the stats but I doubt that the average phase 8 duration is more than about 5-6 days based on a full rotation occurring on average within 40 days at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back