• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I have noticed is that winters in Indiana seem to be way more cloudy than in Georgia.
latest

Holy smoke!! I thought it was just a pic at first and was like meh then clicked it and realized it's a video..... dang! Y'all need to see this, that's crazy, girl might want to stay on her knees for a few more minutes and give thanks.
I know it’s much easier said then done but in those conditions with the time she had left to react she definitely should have stayed in the car. Maybe would have got some whiplash but she must have had god looking out for her because there’s 1,000 different ways that could have gone wrong.

Pretty significant winter storm in Northern KY on the way. Winter Storm Warnings have been issued. Significant ice possible.

Its annoying how it seems like NYC is always warmer than it is here despite them being further north. I am ready for some 40s !

New York City is located next to the Atlantic which keeps them from Chicago type temps. Many places in the mid west that are further south then New York probably have much colder low temp averages.

Edit: At least in the winter anyways. I’m sure it has the opposite effect in the summer.

Its annoying how it seems like NYC is always warmer than it is here despite them being further north. I am ready for some 40s !

Another factor: You're at 981 feet above sea level vs NYC's Central Park, which is only ~100 feet up. That, alone, can make a 3-5 degree difference.

Chicago(and the midwest in general) has a straight shot to arctic air NYC usually its moderated by the time it gets there plus the other factors already mentioned big differences

Chicago(and the midwest in general) has a straight shot to arctic air NYC usually its moderated by the time it gets there plus the other factors already mentioned big differences
Well that just sucks lol. I am so ready for 70 degrees and sunshine.

Did anyone else see SpaceX's rocket launch? Just saw the booster rockets separate and then safely land back at the landing pad.... got to say that was freaking awesome!
Hopefully they are doing some cloud seeding or something, to kick off Fab Feb!?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back