• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3ecc0a6028c3c1f70e3226e381a003e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a friend who lives in Philly and he says it is not a bad city if you are comfortable hating on everybody and wishing you could kill over half of them.
That's what it seems like in Atlanta every time I'm there! :(

It might as well by July in a slow hurricane season around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, Fab Feb isn't going to deliver anything this year, that's why. The models all have bad verification and nothing fun to look at. Only thing to look at is that SER that's going to build in and deliver Feburnuary.

Fab Feb even sucks around here. Sure its freezing cold but no big snows. Got about half inch or so last night, maybe another half inch tonight, and another inch tomorrow night. My best snowfall of the year will end up being the December storm in Georgia. Its not worth getting all this cold if all we ever get are 1-2 inch events.

Unfortunately, I know of 0 summers in which that has happened. The cooler summers had lots of rain with them, and the drier summers were droughts and torches. We need a wet summer to take care of this drought.
Yeah, I think this summer might be wet

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Wet summers = more mosquitoes. No thanks !
Dry summers = more drought, lower lake levels, and the annoying water restriction news. They also mean higher water bills and higher heat and an overall warmer summer. I feel like we could see a wet summer, but it sounds like hurricane season is going to be chaotic, so the chances of seeing an inland system cold be up again. I don't want another Irma though. that was bad. Just give us a weak depression that harms nobody and is slow moving, so it dumps several inches.

I'm revising my play calling and punting deeper, like til the end of the month..... hoping for a miracle March. March 1-2, 1980 please

Unfortunately I don't think cold truly kills bugs (I've read about it, but I can't remember where). For the most part I haven't seen bugs outside for a while but I did hear one during the earlier warmup.

That crazy cold actually damages fruit plants and the last thing that I want to see is the March 2017 cold snap part 2 after winter ended (except there was pretty much no winter at all in 16/17, just an extended fall). Killed our blueberries for that year and the Florida fruit crop was pretty much gone due to it.

I've also been hearing birds now. It's weird but with yesterday being so dreary and drizzly even after the main rain left, I went outside and I was hearing the birds go through their songs still. I think they think the worst of winter is over and truthfully that might be true.

But like I said, you're not combining dry with average to below average in the summer in the south, you can forget about it. It's either or and you're giving up something in one case, and for me I'd rather give up the high temps for the humidity unless it's just plain insane.

Well even I the most cold weather bias person on here have to admit it’s not looking good for any accumulating snows in the near future. That doesn’t mean we can’t get lucky with one big storm as I never give up completely until the 2nd week of March. Either way it’s been a great winter so anything more will be a bonus. I did get to see more snow flurries last night which was the third time this week so that was nice. As for now I will enjoy the below normal temps for this week because it’s looking more and more likely we see above normal temps in 5-6 days.

Unfortunately I don't think cold truly kills bugs (I've read about it, but I can't remember where). For the most part I haven't seen bugs outside for a while but I did hear one during the earlier warmup.

That crazy cold actually damages fruit plants and the last thing that I want to see is the March 2017 cold snap part 2 after winter ended (except there was pretty much no winter at all in 16/17, just an extended fall). Killed our blueberries for that year and the Florida fruit crop was pretty much gone due to it.

I've also been hearing birds now. It's weird but with yesterday being so dreary and drizzly even after the main rain left, I went outside and I was hearing the birds go through their songs still. I think they think the worst of winter is over and truthfully that might be true.

But like I said, you're not combining dry with average to below average in the summer in the south, you can forget about it. It's either or and you're giving up something in one case, and for me I'd rather give up the high temps for the humidity unless it's just plain insane.
I work outside everyday and bugs last year were relentless, whereas this year they are pretty much nonexistent. Surly it's weather related

I'm revising my play calling and punting deeper, like til the end of the month..... hoping for a miracle March. March 1-2, 1980 please
For my sake I hope it's after March 8th because that's when I leave for Ireland.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

I work outside everyday and bugs last year were relentless, whereas this year they are pretty much nonexistent. Surly it's weather related

I've read that they "hibernate" and come back when temps moderate...Phil has also said somewhere in Banter (either this or last year) that mosquitos are absolutely terrible in the Michigan UP in their summers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back