• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting to see if the rat will see it's shadow

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
Either way, winters over! The Euro and it's weeklies say so!

Well, we have the JMA and Punxy Phil on our side for fab Feb! I'm all in now! :(:weenie::cool:

I don't make the rules but if I did all those who have said winter is over, done, finished, etc would be barred from posting in any winter thread..... but that's just me.
2nd that motion, and really they should have no reason to even be in the winter threads, winter is over so they say. They can concentrate on writing and arithmetic because it's obvious they can't read.

I don't make the rules but if I did all those who have said winter is over, done, finished, etc would be barred from posting in any winter thread..... but that's just me.
The drama hours like to happen every day it seems, and yes, I have said just to punt winter several times, and really we have no idea what the weather will do. The models aren't doing well at all, so cold warm, you can't tell which will happen.

2nd that motion, and really they should have no reason to even be in the winter threads, winter is over so they say. They can concentrate on writing and arithmetic because it's obvious they can't read.
I really don't see the problem. No models are showing cold at the end of the runs , weeklies blew yesterday, desperation talk of SSW event, who says winter can't be over? Could just as easily be avg to above and no more snow for anybody, as it could be colder and snowy

The drama hours like to happen every day it seems, and yes, I have said just to punt winter several times, and really we have no idea what the weather will do. The models aren't doing well at all, so cold warm, you can't tell which will happen.
True... I punted til V-day so I'm gonna stick with that but to say it's done entirely is a bit much imho. We all feel better when we see surface reflections of cold/snow but when that's not there we have to sort of trust the larger wheels that are in motion and see what happens.

I really don't see the problem. No models are showing cold at the end of the runs , weeklies blew yesterday, desperation talk of SSW event, who says winter can't be over? Could just as easily be avg to above and no more snow for anybody, as it could be colder and snowy
I think it's more of how those statements are made, you have to admit you and others make statements of winter being over that appear to sound finite, no way no how it could change. IF that is how you truly feel then why bother? Serious question

I think it's more of how those statements are made, you have to admit you and others make statements of winter being over that appear to sound finite, no way no how it could change. IF that is how you truly feel then why bother? Serious question
Usually it's out of frustration. When we were all supposed to relax and mid Feb was gonna be rocking, now that's not what the indicies have been showing the last few days, and we start pulling out JMA MJO forecasts ( who new) we are rapidly losing prime climo, and if the great changes to cold and wintry pattern take another week or two to materialize, we are in serious trouble! We can't even get snow/wintry precip right in January, so March very, very rarely works out for 90% of the board.

Usually it's out of frustration. When we were all supposed to relax and mid Feb was gonna be rocking, now that's not what the indicies have been showing the last few days, and we start pulling out JMA MJO forecasts ( who new) we are rapidly losing prime climo, and if the great changes to cold and wintry pattern take another week or two to materialize, we are in serious trouble! We can't even get snow/wintry precip right in January, so March very, very rarely works out for 90% of the board.
I'll end with this thought because I understand the frustration but you didn't really answer my question and I'm not even directing this at just you. If a poster feels winter is over, in other words no more cold no shot at wintry precip, it's done but continues to post in winter threads then they either believe there is still a shot at something wintry, which by their own actions argues against their own statements or they are trolling. Which is it?

I'll end with this thought because I understand the frustration but you didn't really answer my question and I'm not even directing this at just you. If a poster feels winter is over, in other words no more cold no shot at wintry precip, it's done but continues to post in winter threads then they either believe there is still a shot at something wintry, which by their own actions argues against their own statements or they are trolling. Which is it?
Mack half trolls, half thinks winter is over, and half thinks there's still a chance for snow. He's tall, so he gets an extra 50%.

Here's the psychology aspect of it:

If you really want cold and snow, and it keeps looking like there's not going to be cold and snow, but you know that there's still a chance for cold and snow, it's not uncommon to post negative remarks about the bad pattern (or negative remarks about the good pattern that was expected but now seems like it won't materialize) in the hope that someone will come along and comfort your fears and restore your hope for cold or snow. These negative remarks typically manifest as either objections to previous forecasts or trolling or bittercasting.

I agree with the trolls. By the looks of the models (the ONLY thing we have to go by) It looks like winter is coming to a close. With that said, I will still be coming here looking for a little glimmer of hope. Good or bad, I would love to get NAM'd one more time before the season comes to a close

I don't think I troll too much, just arguing with myself. Some people troll 24 / 7, I guess I just need affirmation everything's going to be ok. Probably the biggest snow weenie there is , just living in the wrong place for that I guess

I don't think I troll too much, just arguing with myself. Some people troll 24 / 7, I guess I just need affirmation everything's going to be ok. Probably the biggest snow weenie there is , just living in the wrong place for that I guess
That's what makes it so much fun. Year in, year out, searching for that Great White Buffalo..

I got RGEM'd this morning and I loved every minute of it. Hanging by every frame knowing good and well it was an outlier. Bring it! What is life without a little disappointment here and there? I welcome it with open arms. Makes victory all the more sweeter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back